Chapter 45: "Heathens"

Some stories don't have a happy ending, no matter what. I thought that most of the time. All dreams lie shattered on the background of stars. Both of us didn't deserve that amount of misery, pain, even though it made you much more 'muchier', as the Mad Hatter said once. We had so much obstacles every time we attempted to be happy for once. If it wasn't my family, was because something bad happened or simply because the circumstances.

I wanted to think it was a bad season, but it was getting longer and longer each day.

It was the morning after the certain, as I told James weeks ago. Regardless of that, I felt sickness every morning. It wasn't common because the doctors said it, probably, would take me a lot to get pregnant, so that didn't count as an option. It was still the end of the summer, and the weather was still hot, something nice.

James, like he warned me, was working. I missed him so much, to be honest. I wanted to visit him as soon as possible.

Luckily, I just had to come home, leave my things and I could go to the seaport, which wasn't too far away, and relax before visit James.

For my luck, I found a letter in the mailbox as I was leaving. I decided to open it later.

The view was kinda normal. There weren't people walking around, so I was alone there and ready to read the news. I got to say I was really innocent sometimes and I thought they were good news.

Well, they weren't. I don't know who or how, but it talked about my mother.

I froze as my eyes continued reading those words, the ones that said she was dead. My eyes filled with tears as I finished reading the letter. I didn't feel sad at all, just sorrow for her because she couldn't love anyone but my brother.

I dried my cheeks, took a deep breath and make my way towards the car. I needed to distract myself, so I went home, fixed myself a bit, and drove to the studio where James was. My eyes were a bit bloodshot, but nothing anyone could notice.

Exactly that moment, James texted me, telling me that he was bored, wanted to see me and everything. Too cheesy, but I loved it. He sent me a photograph of himself on the floor, pouting, and complaining once again. I rolled my eyes chuckling lightly, mainly to avoid the situation I lived before.

Anyways, I talked with the staff, and they let me in because most of them knew me, so they gave me the accreditation to prevent confusions. I knew where James was sitting, so I took advantage of the wall I had near my left part of the body to watch him and disturb... A bit.

''James, dear.'' I said through the phone. ''Are you less bored?''

''I'm not.'' I heard him complain. I could imagine him pouting like a kid. ''Also I want to see you.''

''Well, I'm going to be away from home a week more.'' I sighed.

''You must be kidding.'' He said disappointed. ''Please.''

''I'm so sorry, James.'' I said.

''It don't matter.'' He sighed. I bit my lower lip.

''I love you.'' I said.

''So I do.'' He whispered. ''Talk later, right?'' He said and hung up.

''Don't you want to see me or what?'' I asked, standing before him.

''What...?'' He replied confused, getting up quickly to hug me.

''I was joking, you silly!'' I chuckled wrapping my arms around his neck.

''I missed you.'' He whispered, giving me a skimo kiss.

''I did too.'' I said and gave him a kiss.