Chapter 29: "That's the Truth".

I got away from James when we stopped. I didn't feel right. ''I've got to go.'' I said without facing him.

''What?'' I heard him mumble. He was looking at me confused, hoping to recieve an answer coming from my mouth.

''Don't sleep on the couch if you fall asleep.'' I replied and walked towards the room. I got changed quickly and took the sleeping pills I'd been taking since the doctors told me to. I knew Joey was coming to my house, he always did that if he didn't know anything about me. But it could be wrong that day because Joey didn't like James, and James didn't know about Joey, or that's what I thought.

I was going downstairs when the door was being knocked. I hoped and prayed it wasn't Joey, but I arrived late. Both of their faces turned pale as they saw each other.

''The fuck.'' Joey spelled and chuckled ironically. ''So, you are James.''

''Woah, I didn't know my own name, thanks.'' James answered. The situation was getting worst, and worst and worst every minute.

''Do you think you are funny or what.'' Joey said. ''Where's she?''

''Who?'' James replied. ''Really, don't try if you want something to happen with her.''

Joey chuckled once again. I didn't like what I was hearing, mostly because I knew what was going to happen. ''Can you stop?'' I said and looked at them. They ignored me.

''You say that when you cheated on her and broke up through a fucking phone.'' Joey told him. ''You know? She's been suffering a lot because of you, and trust me I wouldn't do that to her. At least she didn't cry when we were together and-''

James didn't replied, just hit him straight on his jaw. But that didn't stop there; Joey smiled and then they started a fight as if they were kinda eighteen years old. Anyways, I tried my best to stop them.

''Jesus Christ James, listen to me.'' I shouted when I got him away. ''Just stop.''

''Really?'' He shouted.

''Please.'' I asked him. ''Go upstairs right now.''

''Are you going with him or what?''

''I don't want to hear a fucking thing about it, just go upstairs and wait for me up there.'' I shouted again. ''And you,'' I paused helping Joey to stand up when James left. ''how many times I've asked you to shut your damn mouth?''

''But have you seen what happened? Have you forgotten what did to you, Victoria?'' Joey asked desperated.

''I know too well what happened, I know everything.'' I said and carried him to the kitchen. ''But you both can't do this to me, not right now.''

''I don't understand why are you acting like this. I don't get it.'' He replied.

''We've been talking. He came here this midday and we had a conversation like two hours ago.'' I said and cleaned his face with a kit aid I found.

''You told me you wouldn't come back with him anymore.''

''I know.'' I shrugged. ''And right now I'm not with him, but remember that this is his house too.''

''Come with me tonight.'' He asked me. ''I know you've been crying.''

''Maybe I'll go tomorrow, but not today, I've got to stay here.'' I sighed.

''I'm sorry.'' He said and hugged me. I shook my head. ''I just can't see you like this.''

''You should go home, we'll meet tomorrow night if you want.'' I replied.

''Whatever you need, just call me.'' Joey said and left after kissing my forehead.

I made my way upstairs, where James was supposedly waiting for me. I ran my hands through my hair, noticing James was sitting over our bed really nervous. I turned on the light to check his face.

''Come here.'' I ordered him to sit by my side.

''I'm okay.'' He said.

''You'll need some ice.''

''What was he doing here?'' James asked me after a few.

''Does it matter?'' I replied.

''Are you dating him?'' James asked this time.

''Enough.'' I shook my head. ''I'm not, but you can't start a fight with whoever anytime you want.''

''But you heard what he said!'' He replied.

''I know what you both did downstairs.'' I shouted. "And honestly, I'm staying here because I want to take care of you.''

''I didn't want to bother you, but he shouldn't have said that.''

''Bullshit.'' I said. ''You can sleep here, I'm going to the guest's room.''

''Victoria.'' He said.

''What.'' I sighed facing him. ''What do you want now, James.''

''I'm sorry.''

''Goodnight, James.'' I said.

''Victoria.'' James called me again.

''Really?'' I mumbled to myself. ''What?''

''Stay with me tonight.'' He said.

''James, I've already taken my medicine, I want to and need to sleep, and I don't think it's a good idea.'' I paused. ''Also you need to rest, please.''

''What medicine?'' He asked and I shook my head sighing once again.

''Nothing, forget about it.'' I answered tiredly as I closed the guest room's door.

I fell asleep really quick, but James didn't. I knew he couldn't sleep that night, and he wouldn't.