Chapter 22: ''La Noyée''

We had a fun party. James spent more than an hour talking with my father, thing that made me feel good.

On the other hand, my mother tried to talk with me while Mikko was mediating between us, but it didn't worked so much as he expected. I wasn't in the mood to talk with her if we were about to have another argument, so I spent most of the time avoiding and trying to think about the good part of that.

The couple weeks passed slowly; James was working in another film and I was working on my own preparing everything for new premieres around the city. We didn't spend so much time together, and there were days in which we didn't see each other because one of us were sleeping or weren't home, or travelling.

My brother wasn't in England too, so it made things a little bit difficult to me. I hated to be alone so much, but I had to deal with it.

That day I was working until almost midnight, but it was just 8 pm and the day was going to be long. I was having fun with my coworkers when I received a call. It was Mikko.

''Hey, the missing one!'' I joked picking up the phone.

''Victoria, you need to travel to Germany now.'' Mikko mumbled.

''What? Why?'' I asked worried.

''Dad's passed away.'' He said and I froze by hearing his words. ''You need to come, I'll pay you everything and I'll pick you up there, but catch the first plane you can and come.'' I hung up without believe it.

''Guys, my dad's passed away, I need to go to the airport.'' I mumbled shaking, picking up my stuff. ''Please, explain it.''

''What?'' One of the girls asked. ''Let me drive you there, you can't drive like this.''

''I'm sorry.'' I whispered going out with her towards my car.

''Whatever you need, just call me.'' She said when we arrived. I nodded my head and thanked her before going to the airport terminal.

That was the worst flight of my life. In just three hours I was right back in Germany and I didn't tell James about it. I tried to contact him but he didn't answer because of the film.

Anyways, the first time I cried was when I finally saw Mikko waiting for me. He had been crying; his eyes were bloodshot and he was smoking a lot, like I could see him.

''Why?'' I cried out hugging him. ''Why is he dead.''

''Let's go to the mortuary, please.'' He whispered carrying me to the car.

''Where is he?'' I asked when we arrived. ''I need to see him.'' I sobbed out of breath. ''And where's mom?''

''She's with him ... Come with me.'' He said and I nodded my head, taking his hand.

''Mom?'' I asked as we opened the door of the room.

''Oh, dear.'' She stood up and I hugged her tightly, sobbing too. ''I'm so sorry.''

''Why is my father dead? Why?'' I asked again, almost having an anxiety attack when I separated from her.

''He had a cancer, but he didn't want you to know.'' She said stroking my cheeks. I was freaking out and more when I saw him.

''Victoria, please, try to calm down.'' Mikko said crying, taking me out of there.

''I... I need to talk with James.'' I sobbed dialing his number again. Luckily, he answered.

''Hey babe, what's wrong?'' James asked when he heard me sobbing.

''James, my dad's dead.'' I mourned. ''I'm in Germany right now, I don't know when I'll be back home.''