Chapter 4: "Resistance"

It was not a date. It just wasn't thought it looked like one. But after talking with James until I fell asleep the night before, the same we met at the restaurant, wasn't the best idea.

However, I got ready in time, enough to pick everything up. I sat down the couch waiting. Truth was I didn't sleep too much that night, I simply couldn't. It happened to me most of the nights so I was more than used to that thing. I heard James knock my door twice.

''Good... Afternoon?'' He said with smile on his face. I chuckled as I opened the door.

''Come on in! Don't stay outside, please.'' I said letting him enter. I sighed closing the door.

''What about you today? Better? Worse?'' He said simply.

''I guess I'm better, I'm a little bit tired, I didn't sleep too well tonight, but it doesn't matter.'' I answered and laughed softly.

''Why? I mean, did you have a nightmare with-''

''James, I have a question.'' I cut him off.

''Sure, go ahead.'' He mumbled confused.

''It is not a date. Does it?''

He laughed, but now I was the confused one.

''So, that's why you didn't sleep?'' He joked a little.

''Maybe, who knows.'' I kept joking, but this time I laughed.

''It is not if you don't want it to be one.''

''And what do I have to reply.''

He laughed louder, but I was so ashamed about it because I was still confused.

''Can you stop laughing? I'm ashamed.'' I mumbled, but my cheeks were already red.

''Fine, I'll stop.'' He chuckled, embracing me with his right arm.

''Thank you.'' I laughed, then rolling my eyes. ''Shall we go?'' I asked.

''Yes, I think we should leave.''

After two hours, we both were walking through the street which was empty. I was distracted and it was really, really nice. James was comfortable and joking all of the time, but also giving me my own space. I could tell I felt something different with him around. But I couldn't let myself feel. 

I simply couldn't.