A Sad Birthday Gift For Maddie

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. Madeline, Madeline ll, Arabella and Toby are mine! :)**

A Sad Birthday Gift-

"How're you doing kiddo?" Elliot asked me. It was almost the end of Christmas break, and I was still in St. Mungo's. Teddy and Toby somehow managed to get better and were able to return to Hogwarts. Me on the other hand? I was so sick that the doctors thought I was going to die, but I'm not going that easy!

"I'm good Elliot. I just want to return to Hogwarts." I told him. It's was absolutely true. "The tutors that come here to give me my lessons aren't as fun as the Hogwarts teachers. And I really miss you guys. Alice, Emmy and even Pierre and Mylor. You guys are all my best friends and it's not the same."

Elliot frowned. "I know, it's not the same for us either. We miss you too." He paused then got up. "But that doesn't matter, because you'll get better and then you can return to finish the year with us." He replied. He put his hand against the window that separated us. I put my hand on the window as well. "I have to go. I have to catch the express tomorrow. I'll see you soon!" When he turned his back to me, and walked away, I shed a tear.

"This is not even a little bit fair." I groaned. I sat on my bed for hours, thinking, writing, and even took a quick nap when my father and Harry showed up. "Oh hi dad." I smiled. He gave me a weak smile, but I could see pain in his eyes. I knew that every time he looked at me he worried that he was going to lose me too. Then he would be alone.

"Hey Bella, how're you?" My dad replied. I gave him a look and he obviously knew that I didn't want to be here. He laughed and then nudged Harry. Harry perked up and then looked at me. He held up a small present wrapped in what looked like shimmering wrapping paper. He put it through the slot and I went to pick it up.

"What is this? Chritsmas was a week ago!" I laughed.

"Just open it!" Harry encouraged. I unwrapped it and there was a small vile that had shimmering gold liquid.

"What is it?" I asked him. Harry smiled.

"It's a rare potion, incredibly hard to make." He replied. "What it does is, well save you."

"Umm.. save me? What do you mean?" I asked. Harry laughed.

"It's a potion that saves you from death. I know you don't like talking about this, but if the Dragon Pox does get worse, and well.. you start dying, drink the potion and it'll keep your heart beating. But you have to use the potion wisely, because it only last an hour. And if your heart starts beating again in the hour, then your good and the disease is gone. But if not.." Harry's voice trailed off.

I laughed and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Thank you." I mumbled. "Uncle Harry, why can't I just drink it now?" I asked. Harry and dad looked alarmed.

"Don't. There is something in the potion that only makes it work when your heart beats incredibly fast. If you drink it now it won't be effective." Harry replied. I nodded. "It isn't exactly a cure, but it's the closest anyone will get."

"Thank you. Really, this is probably the best gift I've gotten. And it's even given me hope again." I told them. That's when my dad turned and from his shaking, I could tell he was crying. I examined him, his once vibrant ginger hair had a few gray hairs. I tried to will my hair to become the beautiful ginger I've come to love, but, it didn't work. "Dad." I called. He turned around and smiled. His eyes were bloodshot. "I love you."

He smiled. But it wasn't just any smile, he was truly happy. "I love you too Bella."

************************************************

"HE DID WHAT!" I screeched. I had so many feelings right now. I was angry, sad, happy, and then upset. Ever since I heard that my daughter, son and Lupin's boy had Dragon Pox, I checked the Dial regularly. But I seemed to lack watching Fred.

"He put his blood in the potion. " Lupin repeated sadly. "And doing that, he-"

"I know what happens!" I snapped. I felt tears sting at my eyes. "I know what happens." I sobbed. I felt a hand on my shoulder but I jerked away. "Why.." I said in almost a whisper.

My husband, the love of my life, pretty just sacrificed his life for our daughter. By putting the blood in the potion the Dragon Pox will be removed from Bella and into Fred. It was really dark magic and I can't believe they even thought about doing this. It is really noble of Fred, but if he dies, then Arabella won't have any parents.

I left the Potter house and sat by the river. The river where I didn't receive my flower wreath this year.. I figured out that it was Arabella who sent the flowers.

Anyway, what was I supposed to do. Be angry? Be sad? Be happy? Fred was smart, sort of, and his job as a parent was to protect his family. But how could he protect his family if he was gone?

****************************

"Fred, are you sure you want to do this?" Harry asked. George was sitting at my side, as well as Charlie, Bill and Percy. Ron was leaning against the counter next to Ginny.

"I have to. " I told everyone. "She's my daughter, a Weasley. And she deserves to live a long happy life."

Ginny walked over to me. "But you deserve a long life too." She said. I stood up and looked her in the eye.

"Well what else am I supposed to do? Watch her die? She and Toby are the last relatives of Maddie, well besides Harry. Toby is already dead, and I can't watch her die slowly and painfully." I said.

"How do you think she'll feel? She'll be all alone." Bill said. I shook my head.

"She won't be alone. She has you guys." I replied. And before anyone could stop me, I slice open my skin and let a drop of blood drip into the vial with the potion. "It's done."

****************************

A few weeks later

"Toby! Somebody! Help!" I called. Everything was beginning to become blurry. My head was throbbing and there was a high-pitched ring in the air. I felt myself sweating and I couldn't move.

To my right, the door opened and nurses rushed over to me. They began to perform charms on me and by the look on their faces, I could tell it wasn't working.

"Hang in there sweetie!" A nurse said.

"Keep your eyes open for us, stay awake. Stay awake!" Another said sternly. I tried to speak, but my voice failed me.

"Potion... potio-" I whispered. A nurse with brown hair tried to understand me.

"Po-? Potio? Potion? Potion!" She grabbed the shimmering potion on my bedside table. "Everyone out of the way!" She snapped.

The last thing I saw was her frantic face over me. The last thing I felt was her opening my jaw and the potion going down my throat. The last thing I hear was Elliot, my dad and Harry yelling my name. And then.. darkness.

 **************************

And here is the end of another chapter! I'm sorry it has taken me forever to update, I've been really, really busy! 

ONLY 19 MORE SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL SUMMER VACATION! 

Question of the day: What would be your signature spell? (Did i already ask this question? I don't remember...) 

<3 Wren