Time's Running Out

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. Madeline, Madeline ll, Arabella and Toby are mine! :)**

Time's Running Out-

In a blink of an eye, it was already February. Teddy and Victoire returned to Hogwarts after a wonderful Christmas break, as did the younger cousins. I regularly recieved letters from all my friends,  and they all seemed excited and happy about their new job. I also visited Elliot frequently, he found a job in the Ministry of Magic. 

Elliot began to move into our little cottage. Slowly but surely, brand new stuff began to appear in cottage and every single time that happened, everything inside of me tingled with happiness. 

Right now though, I was sitting on my couch on the ground floor of my home. I haven't left the house in a week. I decided to take the week off because my father was deathly ill. His skin had a greenish tinge and was pockmarked. From where I was I could hear him coughing and wheezing. 

I haven't had much sleep myself. My eyes were bloodshot and my cheeks were puffy. My hair was a complete mess, but I could care less. Over the course of the week, I've received baskets and get well soon cards from many people, some I didn't even know. My team even sent a basket, full of Firewhiskey and various treats. 

Elliot was also over when his shift ended at work. He sat on the couch with me every night, hugging me as I cried. He even stayed the night, but was gone by the time I woke up. He usually came around five pm, usually with some sort of food. Speaking of Elliot.. There was a knock on the door. 

"The door's open!" I called, my voice rather hoarse. Elliot walked in quietly, a brown paper bag in one hand. "Hey El." I whispered as he took a seat. "How was work?" 

He took out two cartons of Chinese food and handed one to me. "It was the same as always, regular and boring." He replied, taking a bite into his food. I did the same, and by the third bite, I lost my appetite. This happened every night. "How's he doing?" Elliot asked, referring to my dad. 

"I thought he got better," i answered truthfully, "But I was definitely wrong.. He's just getting worse and worse everyday." I paused and set the carton of food on the table. "I just can't help but think, that maybe this was my fault?" I said, choking out the last words as teams freely streamed down my face. "I mean, wouldn't everything been easier if I had just died from Dragon Pox? Then he wouldn't have been struck ill with it." I said, placing my head in my hands. 

"Arabella, he would still have been ill." Elliot said. "He would have been stuck with a broken heart. He's already lost his wife and son. I don't think he could be able to bear if he lost you." Elliot said. Not a single other word was shared that night. The only sounds you could hear were the muffled sound of my cries and the faint sounds of coughing and wheezing. 

The following morning, I was left alone once again as Elliot left for work. I got up, went over to the kitchen and began a simple breakfast of eggs and toast. I was also about to start a kettle for tea, when there was a pop! from behind me. I turned and saw Chatty, the Malfoy's house elf. "G-Good morning Chatty." I stifled as I yawned. "What brings you to the Weasley residence?" 

"Master Malfoy has sent Chatty to aid Mistress Malfoy for a while." Chatty said as she bowed. "So how may Chatty be of service?" I smiled sadly. 

"Chatty, could you finish the eggs and toast, and bring it upstairs to Fred?" I asked. Chatty nodded quickly as she shoved a chair over to the stove and began to flip the eggs. "If you have any questions Chatty, I will be in the bath." 

I used the downstairs bathroom and took a long, well needed bath. After my fingers became wrinkly, I got out and put on some tights and a sweatshirt. I returned to the kitchen where I found breakfast on the table for me. "Thank you Chatty." I told the small house elf. She sat on the table, watching me eat.