Winter Ball

**All characters in the Harry Potter eries go to J. K. Rowling. Madeline, Madeline ll, Arabella and Toby are mine! :)**

Winter Ball-

Maddie's pov

"Look! Her dress is absolutely gorgeous!" I whispered to Remus, who was staring at the Dial intently. He nodded slowly. "I can't believe it's already time for their ball!" I squeaked. Remus just nodded and I let out a frustrated groan. "Can you do anything else beside nod?" I asked sarcastically.

"I can do this." He mumbled before flicking the center of my forehead. He chuckled as I rubbed my head. "Maddie, don't you want to go outside and do something maybe? I mean all you do is sit around and watch that Dial."

My temper rose slightly. "I watch that damn thing to keep an eye on my family.. Aren't you even a little bit curious about Teddy?" I snapped. He cringed.

"Of course I am. But I trust he's in good hands." He shifted uncomfortably. "Don't you even know what day it is?" He asked.

"The day of the ball..?" I replied, genuinely confused. He chuckled.

"It's your birthday!" He said, while ruffling my hair. I gasped and shook my head. "You forgot your own birthday, didn't you?"

"Yea. Yea I did." I replied. "Well whatever, we don't have to celebrate it. It's just another day really." He rolled his eyes.

"Lily and Tonks are throwing a party for you." He blurted and then laughed at my reaction. "Why do you think I'm here? I'm your distraction!" I groaned. "Come on now, they've got to be ready."

**************************

"You've got to be kidding me!" I shrieked as I felt water hit me from all angles. James and Sirius, being the immature prats they were, were laughing their arses off. "YOU TWO ARE SO DEAD!" 

"Happy Birthday!" Sirius called before disappearing with James. Lily giggled before taking out her wand and drying me off.

"Happy birthday sweet heart!" She said before giving me a large hug. I hugged her back.

"Thanks." I said, before retreating from her hug and giving one two Tonks, Molly, and then Arthur. "Really, this means a lot-"

Knock-Knock

We all turned to the door and I swung it opened. I nearly let out a squeak. "Hello professor Dumbledore."

***************************

"ARABELLA SO HELP ME IF YOU DON'T STOP MOVING-" Alice shouted.

"Calm down! I was just fixing my shoe." I retorted. Alice and Emmy were going nuts. I've literally been sitting in this chair for an hour because they are fussing over my makeup. "The ball is in like 3 hours, why are we getting ready so early?" I groaned.

Emmy giggled. "We need to make you look absolutely gorgeous for Elliot." Alice nodded in agreement.

"WOAH! You can't look too gorgeous." A new voice said. We all spun our heads to see Toby casually floating a couple inches off the ground. I stood up and put my hands on my hips.

"And why not?" I snapped. He smirked.

"Because you're my baby sis! I've got to make sure some boy doesn't crush your heart. I've got to protect you!" He smiled. I frowned.

"Ok, 1,) I don't need protection. 2.) I can dress however I want to. And 3.) Who ever said you're the older one? We're twins!" I replied, turning my back to him. "How would you even know whose older?"