Two Years Later

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. Madeline, Madeline ll, Arabella and Toby are mine! :)**

Two Years Later-

"Welcome back to Hogwarts!" Professor McGonagall started. It was always like this, every year Headmistress McGongall gives her welcome speech, Professor Longbottom sorts out the first years and then we begin the feast. But this time it was different. Seeing as I was now a Fifth year, I was appointed a Gryffindor Prefect, and I had duties to attend too.

"Geez Bella, you're so out of it!" One of my best friends, Alice Partridge giggled. Emmy was sitting across from me, with her boyfriend Pierre Jordan.

"I'm just tired." I said as I stifled a yawn. "And I won't get much sleep tonight because I have Prefect duties, and I've got to help escort the first years to the common room." I added.

"Oh lighten up! It's not even the first night yet and you are already stressing.." Alice said as she took a sip of pumpkin juice. I completely ignored her and continued my rant.

"And then there's quidditch! I've been made captain and we lost half our team last year because they graduated! It's only me and two sixth years and a seventh year! What am I to do?!" I groaned as I looked down at my plate of food.

"Calm down!" Pierre laughed while throwing a piece of bread at me. "Just worry about not starving to death tonight and at least have some pudding." I locked eyes with him and sighed in defeat. I scooped myself some pudding and started to slowly eat it.

"Plus not everything will be bad this year." Emmy added. All heads turned to her. I cocked my head sideways.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked. Emmy looked at me and gave a gentle smile.

"It's Fifth year Arabella." She said. I gave her a confused looked. "Don't you remember what you said Third year?" I shook my head 'no'. "You said you would start dating Fifth year. You and Elliot..." I started to giggle.

"I already consider us as a couple." I pointed out. It's true, and everyone in the school knew it as well. Sure we never kissed, or held hands or publicly displayed affection, but we were inseparable.

"How cute!" Alice said. Emmy nuzzled into Pierre's shoulder and I smiled at them. We continued to chat until Professor McGongall caught our attention.

"Now off to bed! Prefect's please lead your first years to the common room!" She called out over the hall. I rolled my eyes and called for Gryffindor first years. Once rounded up Roger Doge, the other fifth year Gryffindor Prefect, and I led them to the common room. At the portrait of the Fat Lady, we turned to the first years.

"This is the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. The password is 'Quaffle.' Without the password you will not be able to get in. " I said. I turned to Roger. "I've got to start patrol, will you show them the dormitories?" He nodded and went into the common room while I started patrol.

It was quite boring. The castle's excitement that rung through the air had died down and I was greeted with the eerie silence that filled the air. I was nearing the end of my patrol when I noticed a shadow on the wall. Two shadows in fact. I rounded the corner and I saw two people practically sucking faces. I rolled my eyes but cleared my throat.

"Five points each for staying up past curfew, Miss Marshall and.." I waited until the boy's face was revealed in the moonlight. "And Elliot?" Elliot looked shocked to see me, his eyes wide in horror.

"Bella I-" He started but I held up my hand. I felt my heart slowly breaking

"It's Arabella to you Malfoy." I snapped. I felt my head tingle and noticed that my hair turned jet black. "Now get back to your common room. You two already made Slytherin have negative points, would you like a detention as well?" I hissed. Patricia Marshall scampered off while Elliot lingered longer. But I refused to meet his eye. "Get lost Malfoy." I said, before turning my heel and walking back to my common room.