Chapter Fourty Eight

*NORMAL POV*
*Nicole*

It's almost been a week since my breakdown. A week since I screamed bloody murder. But the thought that kept going through my head? I only have 6 days left. 6 days of freedom. 6 days of being me. 6 days left of Niall. The last one hit me the hardest. It's going to be impossible to leave him. I don't want to leave him, but I can't risk letting him die.

I paused the movie that I was watching as I walked into the kitchen to make some cereal. The closer the 'day' comes, I turn more into this...this...zombie. I opened the cornflakes and poured myself a small bowl and added the milk. My head snapped up as I heard the door open. A flustered Niall walked into the apartment with his hands full of bags. I put the cereal down on the counter and walked over to help him.
"Here, let me help." I took the five bags from his left arm and carried them into the kitchen to start unpacking them.
"Thank you babe." Niall kissed my cheek as we packed the items away.

When all the bags were unpacked I started to collect the carrier bags and put them under the sink. I heard the sound of metal against china and I looked up to find Niall eating my cereal.
"Um, Mr.Horan, I believe that is my breakfast." Niall looked down at the bowl then back at me.
"No I don't think it is." His eyes filled with humour as he ate another spoonful.
"That's it!" I let out I battle cry as I jumped on his side, resulting in both of us tumbling to the floor. I sat astride Niall as his stomach was pressed against the floor. I sat on his hand which were on his bum. I laughed as Niall began to struggle.
"Hey, no fair! I wasn't ready!" Niall pouted beneath me. I laughed and reached up to the counter top to retrieve my unfinished cereal. I set the bowl on Niall's back and began to chomp away happily. Niall made a comment on how he was 'wasting away', every time I took a spoonful. I only had milk left at the bottom of my bowl and a sinister idea popped into my head.
"Niall do you want some milk?" I asked. Before he could answer I tipped the contents of the bowl onto his head and ran for my life.
"You'd better run Nicole!" I heard Niall scream from the kitchen. I skidded into the bathroom, jumped into the bathtub and quickly pulled the shower curtain around before Niall could find me. I stood under the shower head breathing heavily. The creak of the floorboards made me instantly believe that Niall was in the bedroom searching for me.
I suppressed a giggle when I heard Niall.
"Nicooooleeee...Im going to get youuuuuu." I clamped my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't laugh. The loudness of Niall's steps made me realise that he was now standing right next to me in the bathroom. I smiled as I heard him mutter.
"Damn it, she's good at hiding." I began to think that I had won before I felt the cold downpour on me. I let out a scream as the ice cold water continuously drenched me. The shower curtain was ripped to the side and Niall stood before me wearing a sinister smirk.
"Found you." I glared at him. Niall winked at me and sent me a toothy grin.
"Don't be mad princess." He cooed. How can't I be mad? I'm drenched and cold whilst he's dry and warm. Then it hit me. Bingo! I wrapped my hand around Niall's wrist and dragged him under the cold shower with me. The look of shock and utter disbelief was plastered on his face as I laughed.
"Oh, you think this is funny?" I nodded. Niall laughed and pulled me more under the freezing shower with him. Our bodies were mere inches apart.
"Well I think it's halerious." And with that Niall smashed his lips to mine in a kiss full of passion and love.