Chapter Six

*NORMAL POV* 

*Nicole*

It's Friday. I love Fridays. Last day of the school week, meaning no more worries until Mond- Oh no. I have that 'date' with Niall tonight. Oh hell no! I refuse to go into school today.

Slowly I submerged from my bed groaning, playing the part of 'sick teenager'. I groggily walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to find my mum and dad running around frantically; probably late for work. Eventually they both realised me slumping against the door frame. 

"Why aren't you getting ready for school sweetie?" My mum asked, not looking at me, whilst she poured her coffee into a flask. 

"I'm not going in today, I feel sick." I said, trying my bed to 'look sick'. I had both of my parents attention now. 

"Nicole, I don't care if you had broken your leg, your going to school." I huffed.

I stomped my way back up the stairs and slammed my door shut. GOD! she's so ANNOYING!  

"Oh and Nicole, don't forget your father and I have to go to America this weekend for work and we won't be back until Monday night. I will be ringing the school to make sure you get there, and NO wild parties in this house! Bye sweetie." I didn't reply, my mum had put me up to a fate worse than death. A date, with a jerk. I shuddered.

An incoming call broke me from my worries. The caller ID flashed 'MARTHA'. I answered.

Martha: "Hey girl!"

Nicole: "Um, hey Martha, how did you get my number?"

Martha: "Oh, well I may have nicked when you were drawing in art." Wow she's honest.

Nicole: "Oh." Well c'mon, what else was I suppose to say?

Martha: "Anyway, do you want a lift to school?"

Nicole: "Oh, yeah. That would be amazing thanks."

Martha: "No problem, text me your address and we will be over in a minute."

And then the line went dead.

I texted Martha my address and she replayed instantly saying that she only lived around the corner to me. Awh that's nice, oh wait shit! I'm still in my pyjamas!

It didn't take me long to decide what to wear. Today I went with the summer/casual look. I was wearing a white summer dress with coffee coloured flats and a long sleeved faded cream jumper; cute right? Exactly what I thought!

I was just applying my mascara when I heard 2 honks from outside. Looking in the mirror I decided my face would be ok without foundation for one day. My hair was a force not to be reckoned with, so I left it in its black and blonde ringlets which hung down my back. I look alright I guess. I raced down the stairs and found my brown over-the-shoulder bag laying on the sofa. Once I had collected it I ran outside the front door; locking it behind me and made my way over to Harry's car. 

"Hey Nic, your in the back." Martha said out of the passenger window. There was another person in the back, but I couldn't see from the tinted windows of Harry's Jeep. I wrenched open the car door and saw someone who I had not been expecting....

Niall.