Chapter Thirty Nine

*NORMAL POV*
*Nicole*

I slumped back in the uncomfortable hospital chair which was next to Martha's bed. 2 days, that's all I have. I need more time to say goodbye. I looked over at Martha. She was awake now, she had her hand over her swollen stomach whilst she talked to the Nurse about her baby. I'm going to miss her so much. I hope that I will live and be able to see her beautiful baby. My gaze then shifted over to Niall. Niall, my beautiful boyfriend. He has saved me numerous times, but this time, I need to save him. I will miss him terribly and I hope he doesn't come after me. If I die, I want him to be able to move on with his life and find a girl, get married and have children. I don't want him to grieve over my death.

I was snapped out of my spiralling thoughts when the doors burst open and a panting Harry barged through.
"Martha!" He rushed over to the bed and knocked me off my chair.
"Hey!" Niall caught his attention as he carefully lifted me back onto my feet.
"Be careful man." Niall stressed and he wrapped his arms around me. I didn't deny his hug as I can tell, there won't be many left.
"What happened?" Harry's voice was strained as he talked, almost as if he is feeling her pain.
"She was having minor contractions they said that a month before the birth this can happen. The doctor said that we can take her home tonight, but in 2 weeks we have to bring her back as she won't be strong enough to carry the baby." Niall explained. Harry nodded as he took in the information. Niall turned me around so I was facing him.
"What's wrong boo?" I cocked an eyebrow at the name. Niall just laughed and pushed back a stray piece of hair behind my ear.
"It's my nickname for you, and only I can call you it." He stated as he wrapped his arms around my torso, dragging me closer to his body.
"So boo, what's up?" I sighed in defeat, I knew Niall wouldn't give up until I had told him, so I'd better get it over with now.
"I'm just worried."
"About what? Martha?" I sighed and placed my head on his chest.
"Partly. I'm also worried about Tom, and what he's going to do." When I looked up at his face, his eyebrows were pulled together. Niall's hand came down and pulled my chin up so I had to look him in the eyes.
"I'm never going to let him touch you again. I promise princess." He vowed as he kissed me on my lips roughly. Oh Niall, if only you could promise that.

*MARTHA'S POV*

Something is wrong. I can see it in her eyes. Niall's noticed it too. I looked at the clock next to my hospital bed. 11:45. I had practically begged the nurse to let Harry, Nicole and Niall stay, it took a while but she finally agreed to it, and I was thankful. I looked around the room to see everyone sleeping, or so I thought I did. Nicole was still awake, Niall's head was on her lap and she was brushing back his hair from his face. Looking closer at Nicole I realised that she was silently crying. I was about to ask her what is wrong, when she took her phone out of her back pocket and slowly removed Niall's head from her lap. Immediately I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, but I could hear her side of the conversation clean as day.
"Hello?" Her voice was shaky from where she'd been crying. She sighed heavily and dragged her fingers through her hair in frustration.
"I need more time! I can't say goodbye in 2 days...please." She begged. What? Why is she saying goodbye? Who is she saying goodbye to? I heard mumbling on the other side of phone. Then Nicole's face looked...releived?
"Don't worry, I will. Thank you." She hung up the phone and placed it in her back pocket again. I heard her feet shuffling towards my bed until she stood on my right. Her hand softly stroked my bulging belly and she leaned down and whispered,
"Don't worry, I'll keep your mummy, daddy and uncle Niall safe."