Chapter Thirty Four

*NIALL'S POV*

Seeing her crumpled body on the floor broke me, I waisted no time in cradling her in my arms and lifting her onto the bed and tucking us both in. I didn't even let an inch of space between us.
"I'm not going anywhere baby." I whispered into her hair as slight snores escaped her mouth.

*3 hours later*

I still haven't slept, I would rather stay awake and protect my princess. I can't believe Tom was here, it's bad enough that he had taken my sister but now he's tormenting and touching my girl?! Soft whimpers broke me from my rant. I looked down at Nicole and she began to thrash about whilst screaming. I shook her shoulders attempting to awaken her, she started shouting and hitting.
"No, no stop! Don't!" I pinned Nicole beneath me and stroked her hair.
"It's ok Nicole, your safe." I repeatedly whispered in her ear.
"Don't hurt her, take me." She whimpered beneath me. What? Who is she talking about? Nicole then became very still before letting out an ear splitting scream and then snapping open her eyes.
"Nic, breathe. Your safe. I'm here." I soothed her as she silently cried onto my shoulder.

When I was certain she wasn't going to have another breakdown I rolled off of her but kept her in my embrace.
"Tell me what happened." I softly demanded. Nicole nodded and closed her eyes.
"I-I was taken, by T-Tom and he took me far from you. H-He kept me in the basement in a cage. He kept saying that you 'no longer loved me' and that you 'hated me'. H-He then bought out your sister; Elizabeth and told me that you had to pick between both of us, one to spare and one to kill. You-You refused to choose Niall. I-I begged him to kill me Niall, I swear I did but he killed her in front of me and-and then he shot me, then I was in your arms." Nicole had tears soaking her cheeks, it killed me to see her like this. I had already accepted the fact that Elizabeth might already be dead but having to choose between them could never be done. I would kill myself before either of them.
"It's ok Nic, your safe. Your safe." I repeated more for my benefit than hers.
"Go to sleep Niall, but don't let me go." Nicole whispered in my ear as she shuffled closer into my embrace.
"I'd never let you go baby." I whispered back as I fell into haunting nightmares.