Chapter 34 Sword Play is Child's Play

Rapture By: LadyDawn

Music Video On Right is:Evanescence -My Last Breath>>>>>  

Chapter 34 Sword Play is Child's Play

The time had come to really start practicing with the ancient weapons we ordered from our Japanese source who makes the most respected hand made Katana swords in the world. We all assembled down in the practice area under the grand ballroom where Amalia and Amalie have been training for the last several months. We were all down there including the twins getting ready to try out the new practice swords while the twins watch on, the Queen went first she called up Xandria as her first opponent being the only other woman there.

Hunter blew the whistle and they both came out swinging. For this first round there was no magic or use of special gifts allowed, they both went at each other; viciously strike and counterstrike. Verena lunging forward Xandria blocking it spinning trying to land her sword down on the Queen's head being blocked by a well placed sword an instant before it struck her. Then the Queen struck back with a round and down under trying to take out Xandria's legs only to be blocked by her quick reflexes with a loud clink of plastic hitting plastic blocking the blow.

They went on for a full thirty minutes neither making contact with the other but in the end both looking like they were working out in the shower. “That was a really great workout Xandria who wants to be next?” Queen Verena asked the lot there.

“I do I do mommy” Amalie jumping up and down raising her little hand as she said it everyone there just started laughing.

“Awe sweetie I meant grownups not children, why don't you let daddy and Camdon try it first, so mommy can see how good they can both fight first. Then if you are both good I will let you try it with your sister Amalia OK?” she asked little Amalie smiling at the cute little three year old that acts and fights like a seven year old.

“OK mommy I will watch daddy and uncle Camdon fight then Amalia can fight me later” she said sounding so excite bouncing as she sat on the floor just like her sister was doing right next to her.

“OK Hunter, Camdon, Ready?” they nod their heads yes. “Begin” at that very moment Camdon races in and strikes out without warning almost catching Hunter off guard with a strike to the shoulder but he blocks it just in the nick of time right as the practice sword is about to make contact. Then Hunters fends Camdon's sword away in a circular motion and brings his own sword around to strike him in the side with it. Camdon is faster with his sword effectively blocking the strike.

They go at each other dancing about one strikes out the other blocking it, then back again, this going on for quite some time till Hunter makes one tiny mistake in a roundabout strike misjudging the distance between them and Camdon makes the killing blow to Hunters mid section ending the match. When they are finished they both look like drowned rats being soaked to the skin in sweat, but not looking too bad for all the effort they put into it.

“Mommy mommy is it our turn now?” Amalie jumped up and down asking all excited looking at her mommy all wanting.

“OK sweetie you and your sister can trying it but be careful don't hit too hard in the beginning, I will help you and your daddy will help Amalia in the beginning till you get the hang of it” mommy told the twins. They both ran to the center circle where everyone else fought at. Picking up the swords that were a bit too long and too fat around for their tiny hands to hold.

“Oh my these are too big for you little hands to hold we will have to ask uncle Camdon to order you a set of childrens size swords later today” mommy told the girls.