Chapter 32 Any Landing You Can Walk Away From Is A Safe Landing

Rapture By: LadyDawn 2011 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Music Video On Right is: Xandria - In Love With the Darkness>>>>>  

Chapter 32 Any Landing You Can Walk Away From Is A Safe Landing

The flight out was totally uneventful but the landing now that was a totally different thing, we thought the pilot was going to overshoot the end of the runway after doing a perfect touchdown at the very beginning of the airfield runway. The engines were roaring the whole way down the strip with the reverse thruster on full blast and the pilot laying on the brakes with all he was worth. To say we used up every inch of that airfield was an understatement, we has less than a centimeter left, having to backup to turn around, just to taxi back to the tiny building to get off the plane and hop onto an awaiting rundown farmers truck.

On the drive out to the farm to check out the damage to the family and cattle we passed another small farm that seemed to be deserted and something was off, so we asked the driver to pull into that farm first before heading out to our destination. Getting closer Sabine smelled the scent of death in the air and a panic went up before we even had a chance to stop in the dirt driveway.

The poor old farmer didn't know what to make of Sabine's reaction when she sped off up the dirt drive in the direction of the house; bursting through the front farmhouse door without even knocking first. Liese jumping out of the rear of the old rundown truck followed closely behind her while Blaine compelled the pore old farmer to stay put with his truck, then she followed up toward the farm house as well.

Three people lay scattered throughout the house. One the wife, lay dead in the kitchen right by the stove which was still on smoking up a storm, her husband was dead by the front door with a bloody machete in his right hand that was separated from his dead body, the last was a young boy of about 14 hiding in the bathroom dead half in the tub. It was a gruesome sight but was also a fresh kill from just a few hours before, and a scent leading out the back door telling Sabine the tracker that they headed out toward the pastures.

Sabine shifted into her wolf form and started tracking the other werewolves out the back door of the little old farmhouse. Then once out the door she turned in the direction of the barn instead of the pasture, she bound off in the direction of the barn fast enough to be a blur if you were not expecting her to start running. She jumped up through the open window used to lift hay into the barn seeing as the door was closed. Inside you could hear Sabine growling then she let out a great howl just as we got there to open the main door to the barn to see all the dead horses and few cows scattered around the barn floor.

Sabine was pacing around in a circle in the center of the floor howling and sniffing the air trying to find who did all this to the animals. Blaine had to drag her by the scruff of the neck to get her out of the barn so she would calm down and relax a bit before she could go back to tracking, and get out of the rage she was in. A calming hand placed on her soft brown/gray head by her sister Liese was what it took in the end to calm her down, we waited there for a few minutes for Sabine to recover. Then she was off in a flash tracking the scent again off to the north of the barn at great speed weaving back and forth, tracking the pack of wolves with Blaine and Liese bringing up the tail in her beautiful wolf form. They tracked the scent all the way till the first water crossing, then lost the scent doubled back a few times. Crossed the river at a low point backtracked up stream but couldn't pick up the scent, it was as if they vanished into thin air.

They all headed back to the little old farm house. Blaine called in the attack they found. Sabine & Liese went back to bring the old farmer and his beat up old farm truck further up the dirt driveway to wait for the authorities. Blaine while waiting took a bunch of pictures, then documented the whole incident for her report, noting all the directions and movements the pack took and where they had lost the pack with GPS coordinates.