Chapter 29 A Mission of A Motherly Kind

Rapture By: LadyDawn

The Music Video On Right is: Evanescence- Imaginary >>>>>  

Chapter 29 A Mission of A Motherly Kind

Two months have passed and the new little ones are getting along fine, mother and daughters are having the time of their lives taking care of the new twins with Wilda's help of course. Hunter is playing with the older twins constantly; when he is not working, or out on missions, now that the Queen is home with the girls all the time. She has become quite the motherly person even though she is training the young twins Amalia & Amalie to fight and defend themselves.

Down in the training room beneath the grand ballroom is a hugh fighting area with high stone walls, large boulders, fences, crumbled buildings, broken trees, everything imaginable to hide behind or for their opponent to attack them from. It was a perfect place for training the little ones with no interference from the outside world. From time to time Camdon, Xandria, and even Hunter would show up and attack them without warning for a little realism.

The twins were getting the biggest kick out of training with the adults and at times show them up with new fighting routines of their own. Amalie was excellent at the disappearing and reappearing behind her opponent stunt with a stake or blade in her little hand, more than once had she caught Camdon off guard with that stunt. Where as Amalia was the sneaky one, she would just quietly sneak up behind her opponent rendering them disabled usually with speed and extreme strength for a little one. Her best one was hovering above the fighting field where no one thought to look up and then swooping down on her victims, instant kills, or levitate a bolder above their head and drop it on top of them crushing them in the process.

They were turning into deadly fighters but at the same time learning when it was proper to fight or time to turn and run essentially escaping with their lives to fight another day. Momma was schooling them in human nature and protecting the innocent humans. She was teaching them of their heritage, how they were brought into the world to fight for the secrecy of the mythical creatures, and to protect the humans from them. Mother was teaching her little ones of the prophesy of the ONES, how they relate to it, how their little twin sisters Catarina & Ceferina would one day fight right along side them, with their unborn twin sisters.

A month has passed and King Hunter has gone out with Camdon and Xandria on a mission while Queen Verena is staying home with the twins and Wilda when a delivery from UPS shows up at the service entrance.

Viorel calls the Queen down to the office to get the rather large package. “Your Highness I have a package here for you from your father” Viorel calls out over the paging system.

“Be right down Viorel” The Queen tells her over the phone, hangs it back up and heads down to the office to get her package. “Good morning Viorel you have something for me? Rise as you were” The Queen says.

Viorel sees the Queen enter she leaps out of her chair curtsy to the floor bowing her head in respect. “Yes You Highness it is right here shall I open it for you?” Viorel asks.

“Yes please I am interesting in seeing what father sent” Her reply back as Viorel stood up with a letter-opener in hand, headed to the package slicing it open for the Queen, turning the package to face her, stepping back bowing her head for a quick nod, then returns to her desk standing there watching the Queen open the box inquisitively for signs of it's contents. A

tome, old, leather covered, with browning pages, cracking from aging, with symbols on the cover and words in an ancient script.

“Um Viorel I will take this back to my room thank you for all you assistance” The Queen lifted the box like it weight nothing at all and headed back up to the room with it. Once she entered her room with the box she removed the large book from the box placing it on her makeup counter pulling her chair up to it turning on the overhead lights she sat down and started reading from the beginning.