T H I R T Y S E V E N

The only sound that there was was the soft hum of the truck, and the blow of the wind going through the widows. Maggie sat emotionless beside me were I sat beside her and Negan. I could tell she was drained and was emotionally just...not even there. Right now I don't think anyone was. Not even Negan.

We pulled up to the gate of Alexandria, Negan pulling the truck to a complete stop. He kept the truck running though. Maggie wasn't moving though as I sat there and waited for her to open the door to leave. Rick ende up getting out of the bed of the truck and helping her out of the truck.

"I'll be back in a moment-" I said while hopping out of the truck.

"No," Negan said. "Its time to go." He said in a low tone.

"...I just want to walk her back and say goodbye. I will only take a second-"

"I said its time to leave. Get in the fucking truck." He snapped, gripping the wheel.

I jumped at his sudden raise in tone. I looked at him for a moment to see if he was going to say anything else, but he didn't. I turned to Rick who was holding Maggie up; they were both giving me a sympathetic look.

I weakly smiled a them, walking over and hugging them both tightly, still trying to be gentle because of Maggie. I let go, Rick kissing my forehead. "Stay safe." He said quietly.

"You too..." I whispered.

I hesitated before giving Maggie one last goodbye, and then walking back to the truck. I got in, slamming the door, and as soon as Negan saw I was all the way in he pulled the truck out of park and recklessly pulled out, flying down the road. Something was bugging him, but I wasn't going to dare ask him. Or talk to him for that matter.

________________

I have homecoming tonight....ugh. Wish me luck, ya'll. I hav another chapter coming up today since this is uber short. Hope all of you have been well, and thank you for 12K. I appreciate all of your comments and votes. Thankies.