T H I R T Y S I X

I hate you, I love you, I hate that I want you, don't want to but I can't put nobody else above you.

To be honest, I wasn't listening to a thing the doctor was saying. He was going on and on about everything he was doing to her and how he was doing it, I didn't understand any of it. I just wanted to hear if the baby and her are okay.

He did an ultrasound and did blood tests. He gave her shots and told her a million things. She didn't stop crying the hole time. I held her hand tightly as I stood beside her while she laid limp on the bed, her sniffles and hiccuping filling the room.

"The baby is no longer showing a heartbeat."

The room went silent, no crying, no talking. Nothing. Everyone was just silent. I looked to Rick who was just staring at the floor, his eyes turning red. Maggie was even more pail then before, her tears still slipping down her face with no emotion. The doctor had a sympathetic expression. I on the other hand started to cry, not holding any of it in. I leaned down and hugged Maggie. She started to cry into my shoulder, clinging onto my shirt. Rick put his hand on her, crying as well.

Negan wasn't in the room. He insisted he waited outside...I mean, we all thought that was best. I really wanted to run out there and scream at him. This was his fault.

If he hadn't of stopped them on their way to Hilltop the baby could have gotten the care it needed. If he would have just let them go this all could have been avoided.

"Since the baby has grown past the stage of being ovulated out, we will have to do a C-section which I can preform right now...I am so sorry." The doctor said.

Maggie nodded, wiping some of her tears away. The doctor asked if Rick and I wouldn't be in the room while he did. Without question, Rick and I made our way out the door, and outside. There stood Negan leaning against the porch beam. I glared at him.

"Didn't go well, huh?" He scoffed.

I didn't think of who I was dealing with before doing so, but I walked up to him, reaching up and slapping him as hard as I could...which isn't very hard. He had a quick reaction; grabbing my wrist roughly gripping it in his hand. He shoved me back, still gripping it.

"Hey-" Rick ran up to us, Negan shoving him back as well.

"Hold on, cowboy. Let me deal with her...I know what I'm doing." Negan pointed to him. He put his attention back to me, Rick still standing by. "What the fuck?" Negan snapped at me.

"You killed it..." I said under my tears.

"Killed what?" He laughed, letting go of me, slightly throwing my arm back. "I mean, I've killed a lot-"

"The baby! You killed Maggie's baby..."

"How did I kill the damn thing?" He said defensively.

"This is where they were going, Negan! They were taking Maggie to Hilltop to try and get her baby help...and you stopped them and sent them back..." I cried. "It could have been different."

Negan chuckled, rubbing his chin. "Ah...well, its just a damn fetus. Doesn't count." He shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows, almost speechless. "Doesn't- ...Doesn't count? What the hell does that mean!? You think just because it didn't-"

"Stop raising your fucking voice at me," he snapped, grabbing my chin and forced me to look up at him.

"Hey, get your hands off of her-" Rick yelled again, making his way over to us.

"Back the fuck up, buck-a-ru." Negan snapped, pointing Lucille at him. "Or the sea monkey won't be the only thing that died today."

"Negan, stop! Let go of me!" I struggled in his grip. "You're- hurt- hurting me..." I choked out as his grip intensified.

He snapped his attention back to me, the anger in his expression slipping as he quickly pulled his hand away. He looked at me and Rick, running a hand slowly through his hair.

"...I'm just gunna wait in the truck..."