T H I R T Y T H R E E

Baby it's hard to be just what you need when all I speak is static screams, can you hear me? (white noise by PVRIS)

I ran through the gates as soon as they were opened. I went running down the street, skidding around the corner to run to Rick's house. I ran up the steps so quickly, I missed a step, falling and hitting my chin on the step, making my teeth go clack! ...just like something I would do.

"Oh fuck." I mumbled to myself.

I slowly stood myself up, feeling my jaw. My lip was bleeding and already turning fat. I touched the cut lightly, flinching. I heard footsteps approaching down the road. I look and see Negan slowly strolling my way with his hands in his back pockets, a smug grin. I looked at him from where I stood, blood falling down my chin now.

When he got closer to me, his face dropped. "Now what fuck did you do? Here for less then five minutes and you already hurt yourself?" Negan shouted from where he stood.

"I busted my lip." I managed to say.

"Well," he scoffed. "Yes, I can see that, sweetheart, are you alright?" He said, motioning for me to come to him.

He grabbed my face, moving it to different angles to examine it. While he looked at my lip, someone came bursting out of the door of Rick's house.

I look and see small Carl- well not so small anymore. He came running out with a bat in his hand, raised and ready to swing. He looked intense...it confused me?

Negan looked him up and down, scoffing.

"What did you do to her?" Carl said in a stern tone.

Negan raised an eyebrow. I looked in the position we were in, it kind of looking like Negan made my lip bleed. I moved away from Negan.

"Oh, Carl, Hun, he didn't do this. I busted my lip on the step." I reassured him, walking over to him. He still looked at Negan with the bat, Negan looking completely amused. "It's okay, Carl. You can put the bat down."

Carl hesitated before putting the bat to his side. I patted him on the shoulder as he glared at Negan.

"...well...uh, you guys know each other. Negan, this is Carl." I said awkwardly, holding my shirt to my bleeding mouth.

"Ha...you're cute kid; trying to use a bat on me... Don't do anything like that again-" Negan started.

I cleaned my throat, causing him to look at me. Negan looked at me for a moment, finally just crossing his arms and nodding. "...hi."!

Carl said nothing.

"Well...my lip is bleeding. Do you have any supplies in the house?" I asked.

"No. Ask him why." Carl snapped, pointing to Negan.

Negan scoffed.

"Oh...okay. I guess I will deal with it." I sighed. "Where is everyone?"

"Working, out on runs." He shrugged.

"Is Maggie here?"

"Yeah...and she isn't doing too well..." Carl said sadly, looking down.

"What? Where is she?" I asked frantically.

"Laying in bed at her house..."

I went running down the steps, when Negan grabbed me by the arm. I stopped, looking at him with confusion.

"Slow down, sonic. Might bust the other side of your lip." He said.

I ignored him, tugging out of his grip, continuing to run to Maggie's house that wasn't far. It was one house down from where we were at at Rick's. I ran up the steps, opening the door. Right when I did, someone came out of the kitchen. It was Enid.

"What are you doing here?" She asked bluntly.

"I...wanted to see Maggie." I said quietly.

She looked me up and down and crossed her arms. "She's upstairs." She said, walking back into the kitchen.

I was thrown off by her tone of voice, but ignored it. I started to walk up the stairs quietly just in case she was sleeping.

I find Maggie's bedroom door, holding up my fist and slightly knocking on it. I then slowly crack the door open, peaking inside. The room was dark with the only light coming out of the crack of the curtains. I walked fully into the room, finding Maggie's bed. Her eyes flung open.

"Kitrina... Well I be darn." She whispered, a weak smile forming.

She looked weak, her face pale and sweaty. She had dark bags under her eyes, barely keeping them open. It brought tears to my eyes seeing her like this.

"How are you doing?" I asked, swallowing the lump forming in my throat.

"Well, as good as I look." She chuckled.

I took a deep breath. "Maggie...you're...you're really sick." I said. "Is there any medicine or anything? I can-"

"No. There is nothing for me." She snapped. "Sit down, Hun...please?" She said, patting the bed.

I sat beside her, she put her hand on mine.

"Now...we need to face the facts...me and my baby aren't going to make it. Most likely-"

I shot up. "No!" I bursted. "Don't- don't say that...I can do something, you aren't dying and your baby sure as hell isn't either...we can get you to Hill Top-" I stopped, an idea popping into my head. "Negan and I will take you there."

------------

Sorry updates are slow. They will probably now be once a week. Thanks for 7K and 8K!!!! Please vote, comment, and follow! Thankies!!