T W E N T Y E I G H T

I sat on the floor of the food pantry, counting cans for a few hours. I was at 60 beans, 20 chicken noodle soups, 43 green beans, and 32 things of cheese...I mean, who needs that much cheese?

I put them in boxes, and set them on shelves, writing down how much we had of everything. Once I was done with that, I sat on a stool, looking to see if I had counted and placed everything that needed to be.  I heard footsteps approaching the door, and stopped in the doorway.

"Wow, look at you?" I didn't have to look to know it was Negan. "You don't have to do this, yo know?"

"Yeah, well I don't trust your men very much, and would like to know how much we have." I said keeping my eyes down. He stood there, not leaving.  I looked up at him. "Or do you not want me to do this, since I can't be trusted." I shrugged.

He cracked a smile and started to laugh.

I huffed, looking back down at my paper to see I had medical supplies to take down the hall. I got up, shoving the stool in anger to the wall. I picked up the box, starting to walk past him. "Not a joke, Negan." I grumbled.

"Hey, whoa, whoa! Sass, ass wait a second." He scoffed, but I didn't listen and continued to walk. "I said get your fucking ass over here." He shouted.

I froze. Turning to face him, pissed he talked that way to me. I felt rage, and wanted to throw this box of needles at him. But, instead I gripped the box tightly.

"What's your fucking problem? Is it that time of the month, should I back off?" He laughed, walking closer.

"Yea, you should back off. My problem is, I am finally realizing what a sexist, rude, dick you are." I said through clenched teeth.

I didn't know why I was being such a bitch, but after this morning I have been In this funk, really thinking about what I was doing. I didn't know if I really loved him or hated him more.

"Careful, Kit-Kate." He got more ster. "Don't let your mouth get you into trouble that your ass can't handle."

"No....I am not going to go and bite my-" I stopped myself before I did get my ass in trouble. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm...sorry. I have a few more things I want to get done...I will see you tonight." After that  I held my head down, not being able to look at him for some reason. I was scared.

Again, he was silent for a moment. He grabbed my face with his rough hand, lifting it to look down at me in the eyes. He examined my face for a long moment, then letting it go, running he pad of his thumb on my cheek.

"Alright..." He said, dropping my face. "I'll be out for a while, won't be back until late."

I nodded, and before either of us could say anything else, I spun around quickly walking down the hall. I went to turn and open the door to the medical room, but stopped when the door was open and had someone leaning in the doorway. It was Mike.

I took a deep breath, and forced a smile. "Hey."

"Hi..." He cocked his head to down the hall. "Everything good?"

I was confused why he was asking that, but realized it was probably because he heard all of that. "Oh..uh...yup. Its all fine." I smiled. " I got some...stuff and things for you. Actually to be honest I'm not sure if half of this stuff is medical." I laughed nervously.

He still had a skeptical look on his face. He slowly took the box. "Thank you." He started to walk into the room. "Come here, I got something for you."

I hesitated before stepping into the room. It had beds lining the walls, and smelt like what a dentist office would smell like. I slowly followed him while looking around the room.

"Here." My attention went back to Mike. I looked to see him holding a small hand gun out for me to take.

"Uh, no, no, no...I can't take that- Do you know what Negan would do to me  if he saw I had that- what he would do to you?" I said frantically.

"They, you'll just have to make sure he doesn't see it...right?" He smirked. "I don't feel right seeing you with that crazy psycho 24/7 without any kind of protection. I don't want to see any more women being killed."

I raised and eyebrow. "How did you know about-"

"I am the quiet guy. No one knows I know anything." He scoffed. "Take it. Please."

I took the gun, putting it in the front of my belt, putting my hoodie down over it.

"Thank you..." I said quietly.

"No problem. Don't be shy to come and check in with me every once in a while, okay?"

"Okay..." I smiled.

He walked me out to the hallway, shutting the door behind me. I stood there for a moment, all of a sudden feeling really scared.

Did I need a gun because of Negan?

________________________

Hey! Hey, yeah, you right there! Go follow and read MicaelinMarie 's stories. She is like, my favorite writer and the reason this book was even a thought. She also left the best comments. Like, seriously, go check out her book Have Me. It is great. JUST DO IT! That and, who should I make Mike be played by? I was leaning towards Tom Hiddleston because....why not? Please comment, vote and follow! Thankies!