Chapter 37-Dipper's Ending

My gaze simply goes down mid sentence, and a sigh escapes my lips. Never did I ever think that I would have to choose between the summer friends I've made..and never did I think that I'd come to an answer.

"Dipper...Mabel....lets just go....I don't want to stay here anymore." I say finally, forcing it out as it could my tongue like knives. It hurt to say.

I look back at the other two, heartbreak in their eyes prominently as I start to walk away. But, Bill's gaze soon turned cold and sinister, as though the heartbreak only fueled his now rebellious behavior, and he disappeared. Anger controlled Tad as well. He started spitting out insults, saying how I made the wrong decision, and that I was only leaving for the world to fall. I ignore him, it hurting me greatly to do so, and I took the elevator up to the shack without another word, from me nor the Twins.

We search out Stanford, and beg him for me to go with the Twins when they leave. I lie and say that my parents would meet us there. My parents....what would they think of me now..? I have powers...I'm not human....how will they accept me...?

I shove the painful thought from my mind. I'll deal with them when that time comes. Softly, I take Dipper's hand. I can tell it shocked him a bit, his gaze flickering from me to the ground, as this time, we both knew it wasn't out of being friends. Now, it was something more. Something...special. I knew I'd made the best choice I could. Maybe I'll be able to live a normal life....

After our constant persuasion, Stan gives in. Cheering successfully, we grab our tickets and run upstairs to pack.

"It would be best to leave as soon as we can....maybe one day we can come back and visit...but not now. It's not safe now..." Mabel chimed in  a soft voice, softer then usual. I glance over to her, knowing how much the Shack and their family here meant to her, and I pull her into a soft hug.

"I'm sorry....but you know it's true. I promise, we will come back one day..." I try to assure her, but I wasn't even assuring myself. What if everyone wasn't okay? What if we come back, and there's nothing left..? Again, I shove the thoughts away. They aren't my problems anymore. I had to keep reminding myself that....

We pile into Stan's car, and drive away from the shack. I gaze back at it through the back window, knowing it could very well be the last time I see it. Sighing, I turn back around, to gaze down on my lap. I'll admit, I'm worried. And I can't stop thinking about what might become of the place and people that took me in for so long...that it felt like family....

Dipper seemed to notice, and after a moment, hugs me in a comforting gesture.

"I know...trust me...we're all thinking about it....once we get on the bus and out of town, hopefully things will be better. But they never will be, if all we do is dwell of problems that aren't ours...We did the right thing. I promise you." My mind latches onto his words as though if they didn't, they'd be forgotten forever. They were important. And I must remember them. He's right, but I'd never show it. Even now, when all of the weight is soon to be lifted from our shoulders, I still can't let him win, hoping that would lighten my mood.

With a small smile, I return the hug once I pull myself back into the present. The future was bright, brighter then I thought it would be. And that's a good thing. My smile widens, as for the first time in what seemed like a lifetime, I can be care free again...

As I stand in front of the large bus with the Twins, my smile remains. I know that, and for certain, that this is it. This is when the important step of my life starts. Living with the Twins, in a state across the county from where I used to live, and I get to start over. No one has to know about my magic. No one will know. It'll be a nice secret between Dipper, Mabel, and me. And it'll be nice...

The bus driver calls for us, the last stop into Gravity Falls for the day.

And finally, after clinging onto the new inspiration, the new motive given to me moments ago by Dipper, I then take that important, new step.