Chapter 22(part 1)

Your POV

It took us ages, but, we were out at a big metal tree in the middle of the woods that was hard to find. Soon even tagged along.

"Okay, team, we are gonna find out how to get into this secret bunker and find, if not clues to find, the author. And remember, whatever we see down there, we tell absolutely no one!" Dipper explained. I goofily saluted him as the others nodded. As we looked up and down the tree, I saw something. A weirdly placed branch.

'Hmm....I got it!'

"Mabel, do you still have your scarf?" I ask.

"Yeah, here ya go!" She smiled, handing me the pink, sparkly scarf.

I take the scarf and wrap it around the trunk of the tree. I wrap it around my hands a couple of times and start to skillfully climb the tree. As reach a branch to find it made of metal with hinges on it. I tie the scarf around my back and reach up to push the 'branch'. My fingertips finally reached it and punched it upwards.

"Whew!" I whispered, out of breath. Then I heard some cheering. I look down to see them cheering for me. I blushed and waved back to them. Then, ruining my applause, I heard a ripping sound. My eyes widened as my head whipped around to see the scarf ripping. I start to panic and climb to the nearest branch. But then, the scarf breaks. My eyes widen even more. I open my mouth to scream, but nothing comes out. I start to kick frantically as I look down. I close my eyes waiting for impact.

***

My eyes fitter open. I groan from pain and I quickly cover my eyes from the brightness outside.

"Guys, she's awake!!!" I heard someone yell. My eyes finally adjust to the lighting. My eyebrows furrowed as I look at a frantic Tad standing above me. He quickly bends down and hugs me.

"You, you didn't have a heart beat for a second!!! You-you were dead!" He said. My eyes widened. I took a good look at him and he looked like he had been crying. His eyes were red and his cheeks were strained with dry tears. Then Bill came into the scene.

"Let me explain. The impact knocked the wind out of you,  and for some reason, your heart stopped for a minute. Me and Tad had to use our combined magic to make sure that you were going to live. None of us could have caught you in time from the fall." Bill explained. He helped me up as I was tackled into a group hug. We all started to laugh as we ended the hug. Our laughs died down looking at the tree in front of us that had sunken into the ground to reveal a stair case. We all gasped in awe as we slowly walked towards it, Dipper standing next to me, ready to see down there. Out of fear, I took hold of Dipper's hand. He was shocked at first, then held my hand back. I blushed as we took the first step down the stairs. Right then, we both let out an ear splitting scream.

We gripped our faces as we screamed. We pulled off our masks as well. My head, eyes, and brain stung so bad, like I was being electrocuted. I fell to the ground in a limp way and started to crawl away from the stairs. Dipper did the same. I curled into a small ball and started crying.

'This is a sick form of cruel torture!' I angrily thought. I then felt like I was being lifted up off of the ground. I look up to see a sympathetic Bill.

'Wait, the famous Bill Cipher is sympathetic?! How is that possible' I skeptically think.

"Why, of coarse I can be sympathetic." Bill smirks. I slightly giggle and blush. He sets me down on my feet and wipes away my tears. 

"Tad, do you think that you can take her and Dipper's trainer off? I can't, I tried. Emma blocked my power to remove them while they had them on temporarily, but I bet she doesn't know that your with us." Bill asks. Tad thinks for a second. Then his face brightened up. He waved his hand as my face stung once more. It felt like my face and brain was on fire. I started to fall, only to be pulled up bridal style by Bill. My eyes started to tear up as well. I heard Dipper screaming once again as well. Once the pain went away, I angrily looked at Tad for setting off my trainer.