Finn Balor for DanaHart25

I prowled around the backstage of the NXT arena looking around for someone to talk to. I was all alone, as my boyfriend had to prepare for his title match tonight. I was also wrestling tonight, but my match wasn't quite as important. I was against Eva Marie, because frankly I didn't like her, and neither did most people. Finn had been sent out on some promotional work, so I was left alone to try and find my good friend Becky.

After a couple of hours with the girls, and a huge warm up, my match was the next one up. I hadn't seen Finn all day, and I was beginning to miss his face. He was my calming influence before a match, but that influence was missing tonight.

I walked to the holding room, grabbing a final drink, watching as they showed the promo for our match on the screen. I looked at my attire, making sure I looked perfect, when I felt two icy cold hands wrap around my middle. I turned around, "Finn!" I exclaimed. I nuzzled my neck into his chest, breathing in his scent. "I'm so glad you're here." I whispered, as I felt quite a few people's eyes on us.

"I wasn't not going to see you before one of the biggest matches of your career." I couldn't believe he managed to get a spare few minutes to get away and see me.

"Aww Finn." I squeezed him just a little bit harder.

"Sorry, Dana, you're needed for your match now." I looked at Finn, kissing him one final time.

"Good luck baby girl, you're gonna do amazing." He whispered in my ear for encouragement. I already felt so much more confident after I had seen Finn. He had given me that little bit more power to go out there and do amazing.

"I'll try and make you proud." I told him as I walked away to make my entrance.

"You always make me proud." He replied, shouting over all the noise in the holding room.

My match was won, and I was on a high. Although it wasn't easy, I knew I had performed the best match of my life. I wanted to see Finn so bad, I was elated and just wanted to see him before his match. I ran backstage searching around the room for him. I couldn't see him anywhere, as I quickly lost all my hope that he wasn't here, making me feel a bit more deflated.

"Dana girl, congratulations." I turned round and saw Becky run and give me a hug.

"Thanks chick. Do you know where Finn is?" I asked her desperately.

"I'm sorry Dana, I haven't seen him anywhere." My heart snapped a tiny bit at hearing that. I nodded walking away sad. I knew I should've been happy about my victory, but I just wanted to see Finn.

I waited half an hour to see Finn before his match. But I didn't. I was already so proud of what he had achieved, but a title shot against Tyler Breeze tonight was everything to him, he had wanted that title since day one. I was sat with a few of the boys who were watching the match on the big screen.

They kept trying to make conversation with me, but I was too focused on Finn. As much as I wanted to sit and chat, Finn was my priority.

"Coup de Grâce!" I shouted as Finn jumped off the top rope. Everyone was getting excited for him, as he went for the pin. The ref hit the mat three times, and I paused, shocked, staring at the screen. "Oh my goodness." I felt a couple of tears roll down my cheek in happiness. "He did it." Everyone congratulated me on Finn's success.

I was running around everywhere, so excited and hyper. I knew because he had won the title, Finn would be a while. Everyone was coming up to me, giving me hugs and a couple of kisses. I was so happy compared to an hour ago.

I sat backstage, after leaving a text on Finn's phone so he knew where I was. I played some games, replying to a few texts from our families, who were so far away. The whole night seemed like a bit of a blur to me.

"Babe!" I turned round and saw Finn running towards me with the title wrapped around his waist. I jumped up, running into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you." His hands kept a firm grip around me, as I lowered myself to the ground. I rested my forehead on his.

"Thanks darlin'. You did well too." His Irish accent made me get the butterflies in my stomach.

"Not as well as you though." I replied with honesty.

"You'll get there in time." I kissed his lips again, as a couple of staff stared at us walking past. I didn't really care right now, I was just so happy to be with Finn.

"You're to cute, my little champion." I ran my hand through his hair, grabbing his hand in mine.

"I'm not little." He protested. His height was something I teased him about, considering how small he was compared to some of the superstars.

"Yeah you are." I teased, as we began walking back to get changed, so we could go home and really celebrate Finn's victory.