Chapter Forty-Eight Beginning Of The End (Part One)

Jacob's POV

"Yes, yes, yes!" Cadence tried to yell out but I had captured her words in a deep kiss. Her body bucked as her orgasm ripped through her perfectly defined body. She rocked until she had nothing left and moments later my body spilled its own contents.

She grabbed my face and kissed me on the chin. Her body felt lithe in my arms as I kept her close to me. We had been at it for awhile on my black leather sofa.

She had stopped by my office on her way home. She was wearing a sexy v-neck black dress with thigh high stockings with the seam in back attached to a garter. Her hair was pinned to the side and she reminded me of a Victoria Secret model. Her high heel pumps made her the perfect height for me to move swiftly in for a kiss. Moments later we were both naked and panting. We started on the desk and ended up on my sofa.

It had been five days since I first had her and everyday after that I had craved not only her body but to be next to her. Lilly had sent an encrypted message that no encounters would take place for a few weeks but somehow Cadence and I didn't get the memo.

It started on my boat after the gala, then at my apartment the next two nights. On Tuesday we had gone to dinner and ended up at the Hotel Sonata in the French Quarters and now in my office. We didn't plan for it to happen but we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

She got up and walked to the bathroom on the other side of my office. She grabbed her clothes taking them in with her. I heard the shower going and I just couldn't help myself. Although we were both sweaty and thoroughly sated I wanted her again. I got up and locked the office door as it was a quarter past five and most of the associates were gone and my assistant, Debra, had left earlier in the day.

I locked the door hoping the cleaning crew would know I was still here and not to bother me. I turned on the music and headed in her direction. I opened the door to see her just closing the shower door.

I looked at her reflection and I instantly got a hard on looking at her soft tanned skin through the frosted glass. She arched her back as I watched the water glide from her neck down her body. Her breasts were full and plump and the water streamed down her flat stomach to her wide voluptuous hips. Her long gorgeous legs were spread apart making me want to be back in between them. She was a born Temptress, a Siren, and an Enchantress, because it was no way once you got a taste you could share her or want to give her up.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch or join me?" She opened the door and just like a damn puppy I followed.

She soaped up the loofa and passed it to me. I took it as she raised her arms. I walked up to her and proceeded to get to work. The water was hot but most of the heat emancipated from her body. It called to me and I couldn't help but answer it. I heard her soft moans as she ran her fingers through my hair as I soaped up her body. As the soap washed away from her body, I replaced it with soft butterfly kisses.

"Uhm, yes, right there," she whispered as her body responded to my touches. I lifted her leg and worked my lips covering her thigh. I lifted the other leg and started in as a lustful man. She grabbed on to my shoulders to keep her balance. My lips clung to her pearl as I had two fingers penetrating her. I heard her cries of pleasure when she released as her body showed her no mercy. She was my new drug. Not only did I not want to share her I wanted to lock her up for safe keeping daring any man to touch her.

"My turn," she said looking down at me through hooded lids as her body returned to normal. Her round eyes had captured mine sending me backing away. Those eyes read desire and lust and I couldn't wait to see what she had in store.

I let her do what she wanted as her soft hands worked their way up and across my body.

"Do you know how sexy you are?" She said biting her bottom lip looking up at me.

"Actually I never thought about it." I responded enjoying her traveling fingers.

"Well you are. Broad shoulders, sculpted muscles, beautifully chiseled legs and... and...gorgeous blue eyes." She looked up at me laughing. I knew what she wanted to say as she stroked me.

She kissed me down my chest as her lips and fingertips worked their way down until I felt her wet hot mouth.

Holy shit! Fuck! Did she just deep throat me? I looked down watching her. My legs started to tremble as the heat and steam made me dizzy. She worked her hands and mouth until I couldn't take it anymore. I refused to come so I pulled her back and picked her up. With all my strength I raised her up and had her pinned to the wall as she wrapped her legs around me.

"You make me crazy. All I want is to be inside of you. I need you so bad right now." I had no idea where the words were coming from. Somehow my mind had blurted them out.

"Show me how bad you want me," she whispered against my lips.

I enter her in a steady motion as her eyes closed. Her breath hitched as mine did the same. I felt as if a switch had been turned on and I couldn't control what was happening. I heard her moans and silent screams as the force of my penetrations sent her skyrocketing giving me everything she had to give.

Never had I felt so much from any partner I had ever been with. I never lose control and slowly by slowly she was chipping away at it. I felt her orgasm as she screamed my name.

"Jac..ob..oh gawd!!! Please don't... stop. Yes baby, fuck yeah right there!"

"You like that," I repeated over and over again as I adjusted my movements trying to give her exactly what she wanted and needed. Her nails dug in my skin as I felt the scratches starting to form. We both finally succumbed to our orgasms as she melted into my embrace.

"Jacob Moore, you are going to be the death of me." She laughed and kissed me.

"Likewise. I'm not as young as I use to be."

"Well you make up for it in other ways," she said smiling.

"We better get out of here because the water is freezing." After our escapade was done, the water had turned freezing as my back took the brutality of it.

She stepped out and handed me a towel. We quickly dried off and put our clothes on.

"Thanks for christening my shower in there."

"What? I was the first Mr. Moore. That is surprising."

"Well if you become a permanent fixture I might have to get some cuffs installed so you will have something to grip as I work my magic." I said winking.

She looked muddled as she put her skirt on.

"I think we need to stop Jacob. I think I'm just a new shiny toy and after a while you will get tire and trade me in for a new model."

"Why would you think that?"

"I'm am an escort. I am suppose to fullfill your sexual desires. I'm your sexy thrilling dream girl. A freak in the sheets but never anything else."

"Who told you that?" I asked walking up to her.

"No one, but this," she said pointing between the two of us,"will never be nothing more than good sex."

"I don't know about you but there is a chemistry between us. I know you feel it too."

"I do and that scares the shit out of me because I don't want to fall back to my old ways, I need a sure thing this time. I'm tired of being heartbroken. I have been thinking lately that once my contract is up I'm not doing this anymore. I'm tired of the emotional roller coaster rides."

"I don't understand Cadence?"

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

"When I became an escort I was a virgin. Men placed bids on having the night with me. The one good thing I was able to choose who would be the first and then I was able to select my future clients. The one I chose, I figured would be a great guy. I even looked up to him for the things he did in the community and figured he was the best choice. He made my first time absolutely perfect. Most women would have given their right arm to experience that."

"What happened?" I asked curiously. Somehow I was pissed that she gave up something so special to a man that wasn't so deserving. Somehow I felt jealous and wanted to knock him out but I bit my tongue and listened.

"I crushed on him and one night I let my emotions get in the way. I wanted him in a way that he didn't want me. Although it was a job I made it out to be more than what it was."

I sat down as she finished buckling her shoe.

"The next guy I think fell for me but he just up and left. As soon as we really hit it off he left the country. He came back the night of the Mardi Gras ball and my emotions took over again. I confessed I had feelings for him but he said he wasn't ready for a commitment. I was hurt and upset and I knew I needed to say goodbye to him because he was leaving for the next two years." She sat up.

"I needed to let him go because truly I don't think we were meant to be. He actually gave me an out so I could move on to the man that says he really loves me. I think I was so wrapped up in Mr. Jetsetter that I had been denying my true feelings for the one that loves me."

"I can see how it can be difficult to separate the job and your personal life, but I'm not convinced you love this other man either." I said sitting up in the chair.

"You can't say that. You have no idea how much I have thought about my situation. When I first started I figured that if I made an emotional attachment with my clients, they wouldn't treat me like a regular escort. We could be friends even after the sex was done. I wanted to be special but all it got me was misery, headaches and tears. When I saw you at the cafe it was my one year anniversary. I had survived but emotionally drained."

"You are still beautiful and young and I know there is a guy out there for you who will treat you the way you need and want to be treated." I think it's me!

"The one that has admitted his feelings for me doesn't care that I am an escort. He wants to be with me and after walking away from Jetsetter after the ball, I realized I was ready to commit to the one that loves me." She looked up at me almost challenging her decision.

"Are you sure about that?" I wanted to get to know her better but I had a feeling she was determined to move on.

"If you would have asked me that a month ago I would have told you no, but now, I'm tired. I don't see how some of the girls are in this business for years and years without having some attachment to a man. It's no way to turn off your emotions like a light switch. Even the bad ones take a tiny piece of you whether you know it or not."

"So did I take a piece of you?" I had to ask because she definitely took a part of me.

"Of course. You are an amazing man and the sex is what make porn stars blush, but I need more. A few days ago was the first time we actually had a conversation. I just don't think you can or will be willing to give me what I want. I've known Evan for over a year and he has been faithful to the end and he hasn't given up on me. I owe him a try. Who knows he may or may not be the one but I need to give it a try."

I felt my anger rising. I didn't want her to go, but she was right. We hadn't known each other long. But shit she wasn't even willing to let us mature into something.

"A relationship takes time. If you truly want to be with someone, you should be willing to try. Who knows you and I may be a match."

She laughed and shook her head.

"I am a one woman guy. While most women fantasize about two men, I'm not interested in being involved in a triangle. The first night I saw you and Garrett, I was amazed how well you two are in sync. You feed off one another and I'm sure the women you two have been with would think the same. Let me ask you a question?"

I nodded for her to ask.

"When was the last time you actually had a woman to yourself before me?"

I had to think and I couldn't remember.

"See you can't even remember. I would hate to come between your friendship with Garrett. I need a man willing to give up a part of himself to me as I give him a part of myself to him. I need to feel safe and protected and for him to love me and never let me go."

"Fuck Garrett! This is about me and you. Maybe I can give you what you need." I could feel my hands gripping the chair.

"I wouldn't want for you to have to chose. Friends before whores, right. I don't want to be shared. We have had sex everyday since the ball. Do you really see a romance forming or one of us falling for the other to eventually someone gets hurt? I'm your neighborhood good time girl and that's all I will be to you."

"Stop it Cadence! Don't go there."

"Okay, have you told Garrett about us?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because it's none of his damn business! I will admit we have shared women in the past but I would never ask you to sleep with Garrett."

"He's your best friend and you haven't told him how we have been together every night for almost a week? Don't you think he would be upset that you and I have been together? He was pissed at the ball when I told Ora to punish him. Don't you think he is going to want payback? How do I know he won't convince you to punish me? Could you stand there as he took his frustrations out on me knowing you know every inch of my body?"

"I don't care if he knows and I would never let him touch you," I said standing up and pulling her in my arms. "You are right we haven't really known each other long maybe we could get to know each other."

I could still smell the remnants of her perfume. I wanted to give her what she wanted but I knew it was too early to be talking about commitments and the future. Didn't she know relationships take time to grow and sex wasn't better than love?

"Let me provide for you. Just tell me what you want." I grabbed her hand and looked down into her eyes. I had plenty of money to take care of her and her family. My family was a pillar of the community and she never had to want for anything.

"I don't want to be a kept woman. I'm not a golddigger."

"So you rather be with a man that you don't even love and use him for what he can provide for you? If you are willing to take his gifts, his money and fuck him, that's a fucking golddigger. Shit I've had quite a few of them so I know what a golddigger is."

"I think I do love him. That's why I want to try."

"Just because someone tells you that they love you doesn't mean you have to love them back."

"I know that. Do you honestly think you could ever love me Jacob?"

The elephant in the room had now been released. The question threw me as I released her. I backed away. At this time I had gotten an emotional and sexual attachment but love hadn't formed. That love at first sight shit was a fucking myth, and I couldn't believe women believed in that shit. What happened to getting to know the person first before jumping off the cliff heart first?

"You ought to see your face right now. I'm like a plague. Once people are exposed they run away. You all want pleasure from my body but no one is willing to put up their hearts but me. Evan is and if it's not love now, I know it can turn into it."

"You don't love him. If you did, you wouldn't have been here with me. Where is he now? You haven't once mentioned him in the time we have been together. Don't confuse love with desperation or sex. You want to be loved and I understand that. We were put on this earth for that very reason but are you willing to give up yourself for someone that you don't truly love?"

"Stop it Jacob. Don't try to confuse this."

"Unrequited love Cadence that is what you have for him. Is your self esteem that low that you need the love of a man to solidify you? Sex is easy, intimacy is hard. Your naked soul is being exposed when you love someone. You will have fights, disagreements, even differences of opinions but just as the waves return to shore, love returns again and again. There are going to be highs and lows but each person have to make that commitment." My eyes were pleading with her to understand.

"He is willing to wait."

"So you mean to tell me he won't get jealous when another man touches you like this?" I lightly touched her cheek.

"I signed a contract with Lilly and I made a commitment to her. I am a woman of my word." She said leaning into my hand.

"Break it," I said.

"You don't understand. I live in Lilly's house, she pays for my sister's education and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to finish college. If I break this contract then I have nothing don't you see?" She backed away.

"My mother committed suicide, my father dies of a heartattack and I am the one to have to pick up the pieces. I had no one to help me. It was only me. I was the one left to raise my sisters, ME! I saw how my mother depended on my father that was never around. We lived a horrid life. No love from either one of them. If they truly loved us they would still be here."

I could see the tears rolling down her face. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and take away the insecurities.

"I don't need a man to provide for me. I work everyday. Evan understands my situation. I may not love him as you say but he's kind, sweet and was there when I needed someone to talk to."

"So you are going to remain an escort until your contract is up and he is suppose to wait for you until then?"

"Yes," she whispered. "I don't want him to support me financially. I told you I am not a gold digger."

I laughed. She didn't know what she wanted.

"Why are you laughing at me? This is not funny."

"Yes it is. It's funny because you have no idea how crazy your fantasyland dream sounds."

"It's not!"

"You have no idea. Sit down." I waved my hand and she sat. I walked around and sat next to her on the sofa. Her face looked so vulnerable I had to kiss her. I touched her face and brought her lips to mine. I pulled back and watched as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Forgive me if I'm wrong. This is what I'm hearing from you. You don't want to be like your mother and I get that and I would hate for you to end up like her. Your father should have been there for you like parents should be for their children. There is nothing wrong with a man providing for a woman that he loves." She went to interrupt but I place my fingers to her lips.

"Just because a man provides does not make that woman a golddigger. It is a mutual agreement between the two parties. I understand that Lilly now provides you with the necessities for both you and your sisters because of what you provide for her, money. And I also understand you want to be dependent, but if this Evan truly loves you like you say he does, he will not stand for another man to touch you."

She opened her mouth. "He said,..." before I cut her off.

"He is a liar. No man in his right mind would go along with that. If he truly, truly loves you he will make a commitment to you and you will have to decide if you are truly ready for that commitment. Saying I love you and actually being in love are two different things. I just don't want you to be miserable."

"I won't be," she said.

"If you really want to get out of the business I can find you another place to live and help you if you need it. The offer stills stand. You can work for me until you are finished with school and I can talk to Lilly in getting you out of the contract."

"No," she said.

"Cadence this is a way out. Either you like being an escort or you don't. On one hand you want to get out but on the other you want a man to lust after you while you continue this charade. You have to make up your mind what you want. Let me help you."

She stared at me as I looked deep into her eyes.

"When I finish school I will be done."

"Cadence, what I'm hearing from you is that you want a way out? You're not sure if a man will want you once he knows you were an escort, but honey you would be surprised. If you really feel like that cut your loses now. I can help you. All you have to do is ask."

"Lilly, Marci and Ben have been like family to me. I can't just renege on them, I need them in my life."

"Cadence you get one life and it was designed for you to be happy. If you're not happy this is your chance to make it happen," I said grabbing her hand.

"I better go," she said getting up.

"He is a lucky man if you decide to be with him. I have a feeling you are going to try and make it work even if it kills you."

"It won't. I think I will be happy Mr. Moore." She stood there and I stood up next to her and hugged her. I really hoped it didn't work out but she would have to find out herself. I didn't want to let her go just in case it did work out.

I just couldn't understand after everything I said she was willing to walk away. Until she knew exactly what she wanted, she would walk around in lala land. I just hoped she realized what she wanted before it was too late. Would I be willing to wait for her? I didn't know but for now I would but I wouldn't tell her that.

"I'm always here if you need someone to talk to," I said as she released from our embrace.

"Thank you," she said giving me a kiss. She grabbed her purse and walked out the door. I stood up thinking why did I let her walk out that door? I didn't want anyone else touching her. I ran to the door but she was already gone. I jogged to the elevator to only be stopped by Garrett.

"You look like a man on a mission."

I walked back to my office and grabbed the vase on the table and threw it. Didn't she understand that there was something between us? Call me a prick if you want but I was glad the other two men passed on her. If I would have gotten to her first before this fucking Evan, who knows where we would be now?

"Whoa," Garrett said holding his hands up. I looked down at the sidewalk below me to see the valet giving her the keys to her car. She looked up as I stared back at her. She shook her head and got in her car.

"So when were you going to tell me that you and the infamous Cadence Montgomery have been fucking without me?" I didn't realized he had watched her get in her car until I looked over and saw the smirk on his face that I wanted to knock off.

I looked back at Garrett. I pushed him out the way. "Fuck off Garrett! I'm not in the mood!"

Garrett walked into the bathroom and came back out. "You must have fucked her good. She took a shower and left these." He walked up to me and put the earrings on the table. I grabbed them and put them in my pocket.

"Please tell me you got payback from the ball? I've been thinking about that for weeks. I say we tie her ass up and fuck her until she passes out."

"Shut up Garrett! You will never touch her again."

"Don't be too sure. She is a whore and she will fuck anything with a dick."

Before I knew it I had him pinned to the wall. "Get the fuck out my office!" I finally let him go.

"Your ass is pussy whipped. Mutherfucker! Your ass is attached. She is paid to fuck men, man. Why would you want someone else's leftovers? What's the saying, find them, fool them, fuck them forget them. That's our motto."

I swung my fist and it connected with Garrett's chin.

"Shit, that punch hurt," he said grabbing his chin.

I got up and grabbed my keys.

"I'm out!" I yelled at Garrett. I was losing it and if I didn't step away he was going to be a casualty.

"Please tell me you are not going after her? Shit my mouth is bleeding. Yo ass!" He said walking in my bathroom grabbing a towel.

I turned around when I made it to the door. "Why do you have to be so fucking immature?" I said pacing back and forth. I just needed to talk to her again.

I didn't want to lie to her, but I wanted to try to see if something would become of the two of us.

"Sue me! She is one of many, man. As soon as Lilly lift the encounters ban we will get with Natalie and you will forget about her."

"Because of you I am in this predicament. You talked me into joining this service all those years ago. Then the one girl I wind up liking wanted you too so we shared. After that we always shared and I'm tired of it!"

I walked out the door and looked back at Garrett and shook my head. It was time to get another best friend.

~~~~~~~~

Cadence POV

I thought about what Jacob said. He was right on certain things but as soon as I asked the question, he pushed back. Men were all talk and no action. I was sick and tired of the bullshit.

I had just made it home and the girls were sleep. I could tell Em was in the shower as the hall bathroom was locked. I had been driving for hours thinking about Jacob and the things he said. When I left his office, I wanted to run back into his arms because he did feel safe? But then I saw Garrett with that sarcastic smirk and knew I would be topic of discussion. I couldn't be sure if I could trust Jacob.

The way he made my body feel no man had ever made me feel like that. I swore deep down he imprinted on me. Every time I closed my eyes I would see his face. He was right sex was easy but intimacy was harder. Did I feel that same type of intimacy with the others? My mind said yes, but my body said no!

Shit he had my head in a turn-spin!

I walked to my bedroom and closed the door. I threw myself across my bed and looked around. I lived in a beautiful home, had a nice car, clothes and living a good life. Could I go back and live the life I use to live. NO! I had become accustomed to the lifestyle.

I needed to hurry up and graduate because the sooner I got my degree and career started I could get out of the escort business. I would only have
six months left after I graduated and I would be done. In the meantime I could be with Evan and who knows in that time I would adore him as much as he adored me. He could ask me to marry him and I could give up being an escort. It could work but I had to get Jacob out my system quickly.

I got up and grabbed my suitcase. We were leaving on Friday to go to the music festival in Atlanta. It was a surprise for the girls since their birthdays were coming up and my internship would be ending on Friday. I would have a three week break before my classes started up again.

I grabbed a few outfits and nice lingerie. I needed to look good for
Evan. After finally packing I was exhausted. Jacob had kept me up every night and sleep had finally hit me.

Unfortunately Jacob not only occupied my days and nights when we were together but he also dominated my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would love to hear what you think about this chapter and the story in general by commenting and voting. I had the ending already plotted out but it has taken another course.

Thanks so much for reading and voicing your comments. It means the world to me knowing you are enjoying my story.