Chapter Five- Lilly

Contains a serious sexual experience of rape. Please do not read if it offends. You have been warned.

Lilly POV

I had arrived back at my Algiers home. The old plantation style home brought back many memories as growing up as an only child. When I saw Cadence in the white dress, she gave me shivers going down my back. The white dress was the same dress I wore to my sweet sixteen birthday party.

My mother had gone all the way to New York to buy the special dress, but after looking at Cadence in the dress I looked like her on the day she wore it.

I pulled out Cadence's file and looked at the pictures from the photo shoot. The idea of the overwhelming resemblance made my heart flutter. They say everyone has a twin, but this was too much. I sat back in my settee drinking a glass of wine reviewing the photos.

I didn't plan on becoming a Madame, it just happened. I was sixteen and dated a young man named James Dillard briefly. He was from Pierre Part and he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. His skin was tanned and he had light green eyes. I had met him at the church fair in town. He was there with his cousins selling fried poboys at one of the food stands. I saw him and instantly wanted to know him better.

My cousin Beverly also had eyes for James, but James seemed to be smitten with me. After the fair I met up with him and we talked for hours until it was time for him to pack up. We said our goodbyes and promised to see each other in the weeks to come.

Weeks had gone by and we ran into each other at a soiree in Pierre Part. My father was a banker in Uptown and his friend George Mayer had invited my family to his home for the weekend.

I was excited that I would be able to see James again. When we arrived James was standing outside the house. With excitement in my eyes I ran up to him and hugged him. My father looked a little disturbed to see me hugging on a boy I should not have known.

"Lilly why are you hugging this strange boy?" My father asked with a scowl on his face. I turned around completely forgetting that my mother and father were staring from a distance. At that time Mr. Mayer came out the house with his daughter, Daphne and son, Tyler.

"What is the meaning of this boy? You should be out in the crawfish fields with your brothers, gathering crawfish for tonight supper. Why are you out here hugging on Mr. Monroe's daughter all willie nillie? Get out of here before I call the Sherriff out here."

She saw the embarrassment on James's face. He ran off towards the back of the house. I was in tears because he was the first boy that actually wasn't scared to talk to me because of my father.

"Father I met him at the Church fair. He is a nice boy and I just wanted to say hello."

My father grabbed me by the arm and said, "I didn't raise a whore. Keep your hands to yourself, you are not a woman you are still a girl and I disapprove of you having any contact with that boy, do you hear me girl?" I could feel the tears running down my face.

"Yes, daddy I understand." We walked in the house and Tyler and Daphne were snickering. I couldn't believe my father had embarrassed me in front of the Mayers'.

Later that night as I sat on the back porch, I saw a dark figure walking up the pathway.

"It's me Lilly, James. I just had to see you." James walked right up to me and sat on the step.

"I'm sorry your daddy went off on you about me today. He had no right to treat you like that." I smiled.

"It was worth it, to see you again. I have been thinking about you since the first time we met." I said giggling to myself.