Chapter Eleven- Decisions Decisions Decisions

I sat in the living room of the mansion waiting on Lilly to meet with me. Harrison brought me in to be seated and I could tell he was a little surprised. Only a few weeks ago, he was showing me around the house as I was the fill in maid wearing a borrowed blue maid uniform. Now I was sitting down in a navy blue low back Gucci sundress with matching sandals that complimented my skin tone. I sat down waiting and looked all around me.

The pictures of the women posing in various poses reminded me of going to a museum. Harrison once said that they were Ms. Lilly's family members. I wondered could I have ever lived like this if I had different parents.

My mother was white and my father was black. I mostly looked liked my mother. From her skin tone to her high cheek bones, people said that she and I looked like twins. I took my long curly hair from her that took forever to straighten and once it was it hung freely about three inches from my backside. I always thought my hair was my strength like Samson. Most girls bought it, mine was natural.

My mother had a hard life growing up. She went from foster home to foster home. She said that no one loved her and when she had me, I was the only one that did. We were close until she got on drugs and then the twins were born. After that her life went spinning out of control. For seven years I helped raised the twins by making sure they ate, had a roof over their head and their needs met. I took odd jobs to help pay the bills and took my mom's welfare check and paid the other bills.

I still attended school and got a scholarship to Baylor. It was my time to get away and I hoped that she would become the mother I thought she would be. I was excited and scared at the same time; leaving the twins was the hardest thing I ever had to do and although my mother was not herself, I still loved her. She tried but she didn't know how to raise three girls. Our absent father only came back in the picture after the twins were old enough to go to school.

After my mom died, our father took care of the twins. Let's just say half took care of them. They were basically teenagers and taking care of themselves. Although we were seven years apart, I owed them. They love me unconditionally and they make sure I'm always okay. I am hoping one day, I can maybe live a normal life, but until then, I gotta go with the flow.

I felt a vibration in my purse and when I grabbed for my phone, I looked down to see Ashley calling me. Before I could say a word I heard, "where have you been?" My sister's voice echoed through the phone. She sounded upset and irritated.

"I told you I had to work, Ash. That's why I let you and Olivia stay with Emily for the weekend.

"I am aware of that Cadence, but you didn't call us last night and you always call."

I felt bad. I always would call them doing the day to check up on them when I was out. It was out of force of habit. They were my lifeline to my life outside of the strange new world. It was my responsibility to make sure they were taken care of.

"I'm sorry Ash, the day just got away from me and I fell asleep. I was so busy that I was exhausted." Thoughts of of last night entered my mind and I closed my eyes.

"Well don't let it happen again, Cad," I heard Olivia say in the background. Who was the adult and who was the child? I thought to myself.

I decided not to comment any further. "Can ya'll please forgive me."

"We guess. When are you coming home, Cad?" Ash said sounding like a worried mother.

"Today."

"Good. Can you bring home some chocolate fudge brownie ice cream?"

"Sure Ash, now behave and I will see you two later. I love you both."

"We love you too," I heard both of their voices screaming in the phone. I smiled and we hung up.

The door to Lilly's office door swung open. An older man walked out with files in his hand and Lilly walked out to greet me. He didn't look like a client. His suit looked wrinkled and his hair needed a cut. What was I thinking judging this man? It wasn't long ago, I looked out of place.

"Hello Cadence," she said opening the door wider.

"Hello," I said as she closed the door and I walked in.

"How was your night with Evan?" She asked.

"Why did you really choose him?" I asked never taking my eyes off of her as she walked back to her desk.

"I chose him, because as long as I have known him, he has never asked about a girl until last night. He's been a member for the years and he hasn't once taken a girl for sex. He pays his dues and that's it. Women fawn over him, but he just smiles and walks away.

"Knowing that, why was he with me?"

"I felt that with the way he watched you all night, he felt something towards you. He was the one to see the beauty you possess inside and that he said he would help you with your confidence. He gave me his rules, I agreed but he gave me his word that he would not take your virginity. Did he take..."

"No, he was a perfect gentleman. He gave me what I needed." I said cutting her off.

"I'm glad Cadence. I hope you realize how beautiful you are inside and out."

"I'm getting there."

"Good, that's what I want to hear."

Lilly grabbed some folders off her desk. "Here you go."

I reached out and she handed me a red folder. I looked inside to see my transcripts and application for Tulane University. I scrolled through the papers looking confused. Did she sign me up for classes?

"What is this?" I asked surprised.

"This young lady is your admissions and acceptance paperwork for college. You only had one year left at Baylor and I was able to pull some strings to get you in. I want to see you succeed."

"I don't know what to say? Thank you."

"You are quite welcome. Talk to Marci and we will get your schedule straight. You start school in two weeks. I want to make sure that this job doesn't interfere with school. All my girls have degrees and some have masters, they bring something to the table when they are shown off by the men."

"What do you mean shown off?"

"Cadence, it is not all about the sex. The definition of escort doesn't mean sex. It means to attend, conduct, guide, follow, shadow, companion and I could go on. So sometimes you are put in those situations that you maybe involved in activities outside the bedroom."

I stared at her. She was right. Despite the connotation that the word was used, it meant other things.

"So I'm starting school in a couple of weeks?"

"Yes, is there a problem?" She asked me with concern on her face.

"No, there isn't a problem."

"Good, now it's time to get to business."

Lilly walked back over to her desk and put her retro Chanel eyeglasses on. She was still beautiful. She wore a peach pants suit and her hair was pinned up in a bun. She kneaded her perfectly arched eyebrows and looked down at the folders in front of her.

It was quirky to be sitting in front of her. I was sitting in front of one of New Orleans's socialites. She owned so many other businesses and assets, that I was really trying to figure out why she was personally running an escort business, but there was something about Lilly that calmed and relaxed me. She wasn't uppity or try to embarrass you because she had more than others, but it was her charity towards others that really got to me. I came here weeks ago as a maid but now I was something else that I could not explain at the moment. I was still trying to figure out this whole situation. Maybe one day I could and would be able to explain it.

When she took my hand last night , my nerves had calmed down. Don't get me wrong I was scared, but the way she spoke to me and had Evan bowing his head to her showed that she was different. Did she really care about me, or was this some type of mystic plan that would reveal itself.

She made a statement bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You met five men last night. I know you didn't spend a lot of time with them, but I was hoping that will change. All five men have shown interest in being the one to have you first. Also I received some flack from a few others that did not make the original list?

"What kind of flack?" I asked with my brows going up.

"Four others have come forward wanting an opportunity with you." She reached over and grabbed a folder. I looked inside and saw two very familiar faces.

"Garrett Ashford and Jacob Moore. They are real estate tycoons and they own property all over the world. They are young, both just twenty-six years old and they have been friends for the past twenty years. My only concern about them, is that they normally do everything together; they would be a package deal." She said looking at me. I looked down. How all of a sudden my mouth went dry?

"I met them last night and they were charming, but I also know they were with Natalie last night in the dungeon."

"Very observant. You are absolutely correct. I'm not sure if you are quite ready for them. They are both Dominants. If you would be interested I would suggest working with Langston."

"Okay, but I know I'm not ready for them. Some things I saw were a little...too much to take in at one time."

"I understand, perfectly. Some clients are into other sexual escapades. No one is treated differently because of certain fetishes they may have. But I will not tolerate public humiliation and inhumane behaviors, that's why there are strict rules. Sometimes things get out of hand, but believe me they are dealt with very quickly."

"Can I ask why Gabriel told me I had a room at the mansion?"

"Because I would like you to work with Langston, eventually. I know you have a domineering personality and I want to see it come out, but only when you are ready." I nodded scared of how that scenario would play out.

"This is Holland Capone. He's thirty-six, divorced, has two sons and owns Holland's Armory. He is very reserve and he asked about you last night. He has been with several of the ladies over the years. I haven't heard anything bad about him, so he may not be so bad." She reached his profile and picture to me. He was also attractive but, I didn't think he was right for me either.

"I don't know Ms. Lilly, I don't remember seeing or meeting him at the party?"

"He was there, he was just with one of the other girls."

"I thought this was limited to unattached and unmarried men?"

"You are correct. Not every client I have is attached. They do not have an agreement with one girl in particular, so they are unattached. I have over a hundred clients, that are not affiliated with one specific girl."

I was glad she clarified that because I didn't want to beat anyone's ass over a client. This was just a job, but to some, this was their livelihood. I guess in a way, this was mine but definitely only temporary.

'This is Simpson Coulter. He is forty-two and lives in Texas. He is a pedigree of one of the oldest oil and gas families in the south. Coulter Oil and Gas, transport oil and tankers from the Gulf to different parts of the country. His family was one of the first to discover oil in their area. Now they are part of the US gross national product. So in other words, he is ranked in the top five of Forbes and the S&P world's most richest men in the world. He is an arrogant fucker, excuse my language, but I do work with him in other parts of my business.

I understood. This was not Lilly's full time job. Marci basically ran the girls, but Lilly ran all the other aspects. I was still trying to figure out how she was doing everything.

"Lilly, I trust you. Would you give Simpson your virginity?"

She looked down at her desk. She didn't respond for a few minutes. It almost seemed that she was in a daze. Her eyes refocused on me. She tilted her head and looked at me. She was starting to scare me. I felt like a child waiting on the principal to give me my punishment.

"I would not," she said in a choked voice. "I did not have a choice, you do. I have selected the five, but have given you other options to think about. It is your choice and whoever you decide, you will havee to live with it. I will not make the choice for you at this time. But once you do choose, I do know there will be a list of others who will want to have you. You are like a new toy to them, and everyone wants to play with it until it is not shiny anymore."

She huffed.

"Beauty fades, this," she said pointing to her head, "what's inside here never fades. That's the reason why I want you to finish school. There are too many women out there making excuses, but if they actually got up and did something with their lives, they can unlock the potential that the good Lord gave them."

She was right. Everyone had potential that was probably untouched and it was their responsibility to unlock it and find it. I always wanted to help people. That's why I went into healthcare management. My dream was to run a hospital one day. I thought that my dream was dead, when my father died and I had to raise the twins, but Ms. Lilly was giving me an opportunity to have that dream again.

"Can I see the profiles of the five men? I need to make sure I make the right decision..."

Lilly pulled out each folder and slid them to me. I looked through them all studying profiles, backgrounds, likes and dislikes and narrowed down the list. I could feel Lilly's eyes on me as I methodically went through each profile taking notes. I had pulled out a little notebook from my purse. It was to take notes last night, but with so much going on, I never got a chance to use it.

"It will be out of these two. Believe me, I enjoyed Evan's company last night, but I know he is away for the next few weeks, and I don't want to interrupt his business or his life, but I would like to add him to my list of clients."

"I will do that."

I stared between the two handsome faces in front of me. I didn't want to make a hasty decision and regret it. Like Lilly said, I would have to live with the decision for the rest of my life. Once the deed was done, there was no turning back the hands of time.

"If I choose one over the other, would they be upset? Would they still want to be with me after? Evan made his intentions known to me, that even if I didn't choose him, he was still willing to have me. It was a hard decision to make because I enjoyed being in both of their company last night."

"That is a very good question. Let me make some calls and find out that answer. As soon as I find out, I will let you know."

I stared at both men one last time. I did have a preference over one of the men, but I needed to know, would he be willing to accept me if I gave myself to another. I was in no way looking for a boyfriend, but I needed to know there was a connection. I wanted to be different then most escorts, prostitutes or whatever you wanted to call us because it wasn't about the money, it was about the connection. The money would come eventually.

After last night and seeing Amberly with Jeff and being with Evan, I felt that connection and I knew that's what I needed to get through this part of my life.

**Sorry had to write due to computer issues. Fixed some of the grammar mistakes that were awful. I feel better about it. I hope you enjoy.~~