Chapter Twenty- Paul's Recourse

Paul's Point of View

I had just gotten on my plane leaving Dubai. I had been there for over a week trying to negotiate with Saeed Dhabi to sell a portion of the Dhabi Oil Fields. Rumor had it that Dubai's oil reserves were expected to be exhausted in the next twenty years and that could cause a serious oil strike and lead into an unwanted war.

Saeed was just as strong-willed as I was. We argued all week and we constantly butted heads. I had done the research and had the numbers to back up my story as he willingly turned his head and ignored me. I knew I had to turn to someone that would actually listen which wind up being his father.

Nakheel Dhabi was an honorable man. He listened and agreed that his company could benefit for producing oil in the following years through my company's state of the art digging equipment. I had called Peter in my legal department to start the paperwork. This deal would be beneficial for both companies financially.

I closed my eyes as I settled in my seat as I heard my cell phone buzz alerting me that I had a text message. I looked down and all I could do was smile. My niece, Tara had sent me a picture of her drawing that she was submitting to the New Orleans Young Artists Art Show in the next couple weeks. It didn't matter what kind of day or week I had she always could bring the sunshine back. I loved my niece to death.

My mother was in the hospital battling with cancer as my sister, Marietta went into labor with Tara. Approximately one week before my mother died, Tara was born. It had been a miracle because Tara was born only weighing two pounds and the doctors thought she wouldn't make it being born at twenty-seven weeks and being so weak. She would barely move, she didn't open her eyes and she would not eat and everyone thought she was not going to survive. A miracle happened because right after my mother died, Tara opened her eyes and she began to eat and move.

My sister and I still think to this day that our mother, Sara, lives within Tara. Every time Tara smiles, or looks at you in deep thought I think about my mother and it never fails, when I get lonely or sad, Tara does something to lift my spirits.

I opened up the attachment to see a picture of Tara, my sister and I walking along the beach looking into the sky. The sun is shining and right above a cloud I see an angel looking down on us. You can tell me if I am crazy or not but I know that I am never actually alone. I text her back to tell her it was beautiful and she sent me a happy face emoticon.

Not too many people know a lot about me. I am rough on the outside as I am truly a cut-throat business man, and I usually don't take no as an answer. Ask my assistant Nicole Parker in Houston and she would tell you that I'm a hard-ass, but I get the job done. I normally stick to myself or hang around with close friends and family, but I don't have much of a personal life.

About six years ago, one of my business associates introduced me to Lilly at a party. We hit it off as she told me that she would like to invite me to a private party that she was having in Lake Iris in Mandeville. I wasn't sure if I would attend but she made the invite very tempting. Of course when I got there I was totally shocked to find out what was really going on. After the party she discussed with me the benefits of membership and knowing that I could have any of the women in the book that she provided was like having your true desires fulfill. Don't get me wrong, Lilly has some of the most beautiful smartest women you could ever imagine. These are not your regular call girls, but women you could actually take home or introduce to people you know. Each woman had a profile and so you could be suited with the best fit.

I always like the feisty ones that would automatically know what I liked. I am not a very romantic man. My father hardly showed any affection to my mother or us, so growing up I really didn't see lots of hugging or kissing except when it came to my mom showing it to my sister and I. My father was a workaholic and spent six days a week on a plant job where he died ten years before my mother in a plant explosion. It was rough to see my mother go out and get a job, but it did show me that hard work paid off.