Chapter Thirty- Five - I Want You Back

Evan's POV

I had just gotten off the phone with Cadence. I just couldn't understand why she would not let me take care of things? I realized that she wanted to be independent but I cared for her. We were going to have a serious talk when we see each other next.

I had gotten the tickets before they were released to the public because technically it was my event that I have been putting on for the last five years. Every year it got bigger and bigger. I had artists that weren't even signed to me but with over ten thousand people in attendance it was the hottest show in town. We publicized the event for months and a month before we release the tickets. Tickets started at fifty bucks and went up to almost two hundred for selected acts.

I was proud of the two day concert extravaganza. I knew Cadence loved music and she talked about her sisters trying to get tickets so I made sure I got them. I couldn't wait to see her reaction when she and her sisters would he having lunch with their favorite music artists. I couldn't help but smile.

I was lounging by the pool when Palmer, my butler, came out to where I was sitting.

"Ms. Pena is here sir. She said she needs to speak with you," he said rolling his eyes. He didn't care for Yaritza to much.

"Let her in. I will meet her in the study. Thank you Palmer."

"Yes, sir." Palmer walked off.

I threw on my shirt and jogging pants and headed inside. I was so glad that Kara was with my mom. I walked in the study to see Yaritza staring at a picture of Kara on the piano. I watched her moving from picture to picture smiling.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" I said walking in closing the door. Yaz straighten up and walked up to me.

"She is. She seems happy. I knew you would take good care of her," she said giving me hug.

"What do you want, Yaz?"

"I want her back. I miss her and I am ready to be her mother."

"Well I think the court is going to decided that. What do you really want?"

"I want you back Evan. I made some bad mistakes and decisions but the most important thing I realized was that I loved you and I broke your heart. Let me fix it and we can be a real family like we always talked about." She grabbed my hand but I jerked it away.

"You don't love me Yaz. You are a gold digging bitch. I will never let you back in my life or Kara's. I will let the judge decide."

"Why are you being so cold to me. I want to see my child. How could you deny me that right Evan?"

"You gave up that right when you dropped that baby on my mother's doorstep. You knew what you were doing. You didn't want her and you couldn't find who the father was so I was the next best thing. Fuck you Yaz. Get the fuck out of my house and out of my life."

"Evan baby please, just let me see her."

"No!"

"You're not even her father. Why would you want to take care of a child that is not even yours?"

"Because I am the only parent she knows. I might not be her biological father but I am the only father she knows. I was up with her when she had colic, coughs and nightmares, where the fuck was you? Oh that's right laying in some mutherfucker's arms. You are a two timing bitch! Get the fuck out my house."

I was livid! She had hurt me to the core and now she wanted to see Kara? I didn't think so!

"Please Evan, I don't want to fight," she said starting to cry.