Chapter Thirteen- The After Effect

I woke up with arms wrapped around me and light snoring filling my ear. My body was sore from all the acrobatic moves we tried the night before. I was no longer a virgin and now it was time to step into the world of womanhood. Robert made me feel worthy last night. The pleasure, the romance and the connection was all there. But then there was Evan, he was still on my mind too. Liily had done a pretty good job on the setups.

I looked at Robert. He slept with his eyebrows frowned up. I wondered why, because it seemed that he was fighting something in his dreams. If I was this relaxed he should have been too. I traced his eyebrows trying to straighten them out. He went to move my hand away but I moved it and closed my eyes. I could feel him looking at me, but I pretended to sleep.

"I know you are up, I felt you rubbing this sexy face."

"Sexy face hun. But how, you were just snoring?"

"I'm a light sleeper. Are you hungry?" He said kissing me softly on the lips.

"Starving."

He got up and showered. He had his chef bring up breakfast as I was finishing my shower. I walked out wearing a thick beige robe to see a table set up with two chairs and delicious breakfast foods piled high on the table.

"Why all the food?"

"Because we both worked up an appetite and we both have to keep up our strength. Come and sit with me."

I wrapped the tie of the robe tightly around my waist because I had forgotten my underwear in my purse. I proceeded to walk to the other empty chair but he reached for me and I went and sat on his lap. He was wearing just some jogging pants and when I went to sit on him, I could feel his morning erection. He feed me the fresh strawberries and melon. We laughed until some of the juice spilled from the corner of my mouth. Before I could wipe it away he licked from teh corner of my mouth. I returned the kiss and before I knew it, I had unzipped his pants and lowered my wet sex on top of him.

"You do this to me, Robert." I eased all the way down until I thought he was in my stomach. He moaned as he grabbed my hips and moved me up and down. It still hurt some from the night before, but I forged through.

He kissed me and said, "sweet like sugar, you are going to be the death of me. So sweet, you are."

"I will always be your Suga. You feel so so good Robert, just like that." He continued to rock into me as I leaned back and my orgasm quaked causing our bodies to move faster as I felt hot liquid fill me up. His face was now in my chest as he kissed my breast.

"I just can't get enough of you. I wish you could stay with me. Football pre-season has started so I will be travelling with the team. Between the games and the dealership conferences I won't be in town for a couple of weeks, but know I will be thinking about you, Suga."

I smiled because only Ben called me that, but to hear him say it made me happy.

"I better get going. The plane leaves in an hour," I said trying to hold back the tears. I was going to miss him.

"I have a surprise for you?"

I looked at him and he pulled out a small black box from his pocket. "This is for you, I hope you like it."

I opened it and there was a bracelet with a pearl on it.

"Each time we are together I will add a pearl. I also decided to catch a ride with you back to New Orleans, so we can get to know one another a little bit better. I guess you can say I'm attached."

He was a charmer. The jewelry, the words and actions all showed me that I could have not have made a better choice.

Five hours later, I was headed back to my house. Ben had picked me up and now the ride was dismal. I missed him already and it would be a few weeks before I saw him again.

"I'm assuming everything went well?"

I smiled and look back at Ben. "It did, thanks for asking."

"Then why are you so down?"

"I don't know Ben, I really don't know."

"Remember this is a job, not a career. They come and go like a Circle K sometimes. Don't catch feelings, it could harm your very being and I don't want to see you heartbroken."

I licked my lips and continued to the look out the window. It was a job. Was Robert selling himself to me as he would to a customer at one of his dealerships. Ben was right, I could never be more than just the woman he slept with.

~~

It was midday on a Sunday afternoon and the girls had gone over to a friends house. I put on my Nike sports bra and tights and decided to go for a run at City Park. I filled up my water bottle and made sure my cell phone was fully charged. I drove about thirty minutes and parked. There were quite a few cars out and I saw people jogging and walking. I figured this would be a good time to clear my head and prepare for the week ahead. I would be starting school in a few days and needed to focus on schoolwork again. I stretched my legs and arms out for a few minutes before I started the walk. After about five minutes I began to run. I had ran cross country in high school, but I was not that in shape anymore. I took off and let the light breeze brush against my face. I had been running for about twenty minutes until I saw a little girl crying. I looked around and she seemed lost. I stopped and walked over to her.

"Hello, are you lost?"

The little girl nodded her head. "I can't find my uncle? He told me not to go to the slide but I didn't listen. He is going to be mad at me."

"Oh honey, I will help you find him. What is your name?"

"Tara.," she said snuffling. She looked no more than about eight years old.

"I'm Cadence and we will look for him together, okay."

"Okay,"

"What is your uncle's name?" I asked her until I heard a voice.

"Tara, there you are. Thank God, I have been looking for you everywhere. You scared me."

I looked around and all to familiar eyes looked between Tara and I.

"This nice lady was going to help me find you Uncle Paul. This is Cadence."

"We meet again." he said as I backed away. Those devious blue eyes sparkled from the sunlight. Those same eyes that watched me at the party had returned. How could this be happening to me?

"Yes," I stuttered.

"Thank you for stopping to help my niece. I took a call and she just ran off. My sister and her husband are in the hospital having another child, so I was left responsible for taking care of Tara. I guess I'm not such a good babysitter."

'I'm sure it was a honest mistake. I lost my twin sisters when they were little. I left them under a clothes display playing and didn't realize I had forgotten them until after I left the store. So don't feel so bad."

"Thanks."

"Cadence, Uncle Paul was taking me for some ice cream do you want to come?"

I looked between Tara and Paul. I was so caught off guard.

"Uhm, I should be going. I have a busy week and I need to prepare for it."

"Please Cadence, please." Tara put her hands together begging me.

"Yes, Cadence please. My treat. That's the least I can do for helping me find my niece. I saw you first and then I saw you talking to Tara. I think it was fate that we met again."

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea."

"Come on, I promise not to bite." He made a puppy dog face and Tara copied him.

"Okay, okay, but my car is on the other side of the playground."

"We are too, we can walk together." Paul and I walked in silence as Tara went on and on about the playground and everything around us.

"How old is she? I asked Paul."

"Nine going on twenty-six."

"She's adorable."

"What about me?" He looked at me and I evidently had a shock face because he began to laugh.

"If you could see your face. You don't think I'm adorable?"

"I don't know. Tara is way more adorable than you."

"That's cold Cadence." his face looking serious.

"Now you ought to see your face," I said mocking him.

"Oh, you got jokes."

"I have plenty and you are the butt of them."

"Take it back.You have a five seconds before I get you."

"You wouldn't dare?" I said looking at him but getting ready to run.

"One..."

I took off running and Tara followed. We were close to the cars and he came full speed ahead. Tara and I made it to the car first.

"Uncle Paul, we are on base. You can't get us! Nananbooboo."

He bent down to catch his breath. "That's not fair, two against one."

"Stop being a sore loser Uncle Paul and lets get some ice cream. Come on Cadence before all the chocolate chip mint is gone." She pulled on my arm and I looked at Paul for help. He smiled and turned his head and shrugged.

"A little help here?"

"Nope you ran away from me twice, so I won't help."

"You are so wrong!" I said.

"But I could have been your right."

We walked over to the ice cream shop. There was a short line and Tara placed her order. After our orders were placed and delivered we sat down and ate.

"So, Cadence do you have a boyfriend?" Tara asked taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Um, no I don't."

"Well my Uncle Paul is single." Paul nearly spit out his ice cream. I started to laugh.

"Tara," he said looking very embarrassed.

"It's true Uncle Paul. Mommy said you are too good looking and rich not to have a girlfriend and since Cadence doesn't have a boyfriend and I like her, you should make her your girlfriend."

Paul looked at me with a red face. "I'm so sorry Cadence; Tara you don't repeat what adults say. You need to finish your ice cream so I can take you to the hospital to see your parents."

"Okay, Uncle Paul."

A few minutes later we were walking out the ice cream parlor. "I'm so sorry Cadence for my niece. Sometimes you never know what may come out of a young child's mouth."

He held the door opened. "It's okay. If you could have seen your face, priceless. I have two sisters so I am use to it. It was harmless. But I am curious why you don't you have a girlfriend? You are very handsome, successful so are you into other men?"

"So I have to be gay because I don't have a girlfriend?"

"No, put there has to be something wrong. You pay for sex with escorts, why is that?"

"Because my last girlfriend cheated on me with not one but two of my friends and wind up pregnant for one. But why not pay for sex? I can pick exactly who I want to sleep with without having to answer to a whiny girlfriend and I don't have to worry about anyone cheating on me."

"That makes sense but any normal girl would want to sleep with you."

"You didn't because you chose someone else."

I turned away. He was right I did choose someone else. He was my second choice but after I didn't pick him, he didn't want me at all. I felt some anguish over it but I still thought I made the right decision.

"You were my second choice," shit I actually said that out loud. I looked away and began to walk off. He grabbed me by my elbow to stop me.

"Look I'm sorry. I should not have said that. This is not the time or place to discuss this. I probably came on to you a little too strongly and if I did I'm sorry. You are very attractive and sometimes I leave my manners at the door. If I offended you in any way, please accept my apologies and maybe we can start over."

I could see he really was sorry. Maybe he was right. I was scared of him that night. But knowing what I knew now, that was his way of flirting. I smiled at him. He really was a nice guy and maybe I should give him a chance.

"Okay, we can start off with a fresh slate. I'm Cadence and your name is?"

"My name is Paul. Paul Captiville and it is a pleasure to meet you Cadence."