Chapter One - It Began...

Hi my name is Cadence Joy Montgomery and I am an Escort, CallGirl, Whore just to name a few. I didn't choose this to be my life's profession but I needed money for the right reasons. You see both of my parents are deceased and left me to raise my twin sister's Olivia and Ashley.

My mom committed suicide four years ago leaving a funky note that life was too hard to bare. Then a few years later my dad dies of a heart-attack from drinking and snorting cocaine still depressed from my mother's death. I was a 21 year old junior in college majoring in Healthcare Management at Baylor University when I got the call. I packed up everything from my small apartment and headed back to New Orleans to take care of my sisters.

When I got back to New Orleans I found out that my dad hadn't paid the mortgage in almost a year and our house was being foreclosed upon and the car was up for repossession. The small whole life policy my dad left was enough for us to move into a one bedroom apartment for three people.

The apartment was equivalent to a crack house. Roaches sat on the table as if they lived there waiting to be served. The hot water worked when it wanted to and the lights would blink on and off if it got to hot outside. I was so scared to even leave my sisters that I would pick them up from school and they would help me clean, or sit in the back of the restaurant and or help clean Mr. Staten (my sitter job). I bought a gun just in case I had to use it. It was horrible, but I had to do something.

I worked in fast food, cleaned houses and worked as a sitter to help support me and my sisters. I don't wish that life on no one. It is a miserable existence to have to provide for three people on $250 dollars a week. My sisters grew like weeds and the only new clothes I could afford were from handouts and Goodwill. The food stamps we received didn't even cover us for the month.

I will never forget the day I was approached about being an escort. I had gone to work for a new client as a housekeeper in Uptown. Her name was Lilly Monroe and she was known as the Madame of New Orleans. I didn't know that because I was from the south side of the parish. Emily was a friend of mine that had broken her leg falling down the stairs and she asked me to fill in for her. Ms. Lilly agreed as long as I signed a privacy notice. What the hell did I know, the only thing I did know was that the money was good. She paid $500 cash to clean up her house per week for the next 6 weeks.

I caught the bus to Uptown New Orleans. It was a twenty minute bus ride from my sitter job. The bus dropped me off at Carrollton and I had to walk another six blocks.

I walked down the uneven sidewalks looking around at all the big houses. They were old but the character of the homes made it seem as Old New Orleans were reborn again. The architecture of the million dollars homes were priceless. Some were updated with huge columns and eateries tucked in between some.

The trolley rolled from block to block letting off strangers that had some connection to this glorious area. I could have pictured myself as passing for a white girl enjoying the life of the city. Some people had mistaken me for my mulatto skin tone until they saw that my sisters were two shades darker.

As I made my way down the narrow street of Dufossat St. The house was three stories high with a four car garage. The outside had been updated and remodeled with a security entrance. The guard made me show my driver's license and he called up to the house. Thank God I had bought a bottle water to keep me from passing out. The heat and humidity in Louisiana is a killer mix. Once whoever was in the house approved me, I was given a ride up to the house in the golf cart.

The blue maid uniform I borrowed from Emily was a little tight but I managed to make it work. The guard who I later found out name was Marco, he rang the bell to the servant entrance. Oh how I would loved to have entered in the front.