Chapter 37

Chapter 37: (Vote & Comment)

I went with Luke back to Casus to find the darn cave that started all this mess, whether it was the orbit or what had happened between Jude and I. We needed answers to answer all our problems because all what we had been doing was going in circles. Everyone was losing.

Even though the entire world was about to burn out and die, I wanted to stop this so called “fate”. I didn’t care if that bloody hell orbit took over Earth; I wasn’t going to lose John. The fact I was determined to fix this mess made me believe it was him who is for me not Jude.

“Earth to Alex, where had you wandered too?” Luke said waving his hand in front of me.

“I was just thinking.”

“Don’t worry, we will find an answer to this mess. Anyways, we are here and might I add. The orbit had faded somehow.”

“It’s already night, how did you see?” I asked cocking an eyebrow.

“Well the stars and the two moons are clear. You have eyes my dear Alex, right?”

I just glared at him. He was right though, the orbit had hid somehow. Then again, it was always calmer before the storm.

We then walked into the cave. It was the same way we had left it. The markings on the back were in their place. The voice I heard in the memory echoed in my head, “If you want to change what is written, you must do the unexpected.”

 Maybe something about that was carved somewhere here. Luke and I started our search for anything that might help. The carvings were changing with the light. No matter how much they changed, they always ended up with a white light and an explosion.

“Maybe you have to explode something?” Luke said after an hour.

“We are desperate for an answer, but that ain’t one.” I said as I looked up at him.

It had been hours since we reached and I was growing bored. The cave wouldn’t open up! Okay buddy, I do not care what you want just open up! My patience was growing short with every passing minute. I finally decided to move my fingers on the black lines.

No matter how much everything changed the lines stayed the same. As I moved my fingers with the line it started to fade away. Weird. After I finished all the line, sounds started to be heard, sounds of something being open.

The door finally was opening.

“I can’t allow it!” I heard someone yell behind me.

Next thing I saw was a knife missing my face in inches. I turned around and met that cold gaze my brother now had.

“William, how nice of you to join us!” Luke said as he was up and ready to fight.

“Luke, no” I said as I grabbed him by the arm, “And you, what do you want?”

“I cannot allow you to get whatever you want to get. I’ve been told so, so I shall do as I am asked.” His cold tone echoed in the room.

His gaze suddenly froze as he studied my moves and body. That was odd. He suddenly started dashing my way until he grabbed me by the shoulders.

“It can’t be!” He said with a crazy look in his eyes. “But how is it possible! I made sure this never happened with you.”

William suddenly held his head and fell on his knees. He was in pain. Something was trying to come back to him but his alter ego forbade it. I knew exactly how it felt. I knelt down beside him.