Chapter 16

Chapter 16: (Vote & Comment)

~On Casus~

“Seriously Cassie, you think some planet collided with Earth? And that planet is Casus? Are you crazy?” Broody said as he stared at Cassie.

“That is exactly what I am saying!” Cassie yelled at him.

“That couldn’t be possible! We aren’t in some twisted movie.” Broody yelled back.

It was still night and the gang sat by the lake still bewildered and wet.

“Maybe she is right Broody!” Jonan said as she cuddled up with Broody to feel safe again.

All the kids were shaking and cold. They didn’t move an inch fearing of what might happen. The book’s images vanished and Cassie couldn’t show them what she meant. She tried her best to explain but couldn’t. Valery was beside her trying to sooth her.

“But, but the images were there!” She said in a whisper.

“It’s okay Cassie, it’s okay.” Valery said as she hugged her sister.

“She is right guys.” A muffled voice said.

They all turned around to face a big foot.

“I am Nokha, I spoke with your mother Cassie, before.” He said giving all of them an assuring smile.

“What do you mean she is right?” Broody asked, eyes wide with shock.

“Casus was another planet known as Vayneth.” He began.

And like that he told them the entire story behind Casus and Vayneth. How the darkness began there, how it ended up here. He didn’t skip a detail. All stared at him in complete and utter shock and disbelief.

“How is that possible?” Drew asked shaking his head.

“That’s the truth.” Nokha told me. “I am so sorry you had to know this way.”

“Sorry my ass, you knew this and kept it from us! Aniokh was right to start war at you after what had happened. I can’t believe this!” Broody roared. “I had had it with this bullshit. I am gonna find the others.”

He got up and left the gang and headed towards the older gang sitting on the porch outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John was lost in his own thoughts looking at the stars. Will was mad and furious but kept it to himself. Rachel was trying her best to keep them company but failed. Eric was on the couch outside with Liz’s head on his chest as she sang him a song.

The atmosphere was all sad and grumpy. Not one of them smiled.

“I can’t believe that shit.” Broody yelled as he walked into to group.

He snapped them all back to reality. All looked at him with wide eyes.

“What is honey?” Rachel asked in her sweet tone.

“That Nokha whatever just told us the truth about Casus. I mean if he was honest, we are days away from doomsday! Again!” Broody said a bit too fast.

“Calm down Broody, what are you talking about?” John said as he seated him down.

Then Broody told them what he just heard; the truth behind everything. All of them were too shocked to speak.

“I can’t believe we have to face yet another doomsday! This is pure bullshit! Can’t we have a normal life for crying out loud?” Rachel erupted.