× Chapter 96 × ~ Simon

*Simon's POV*

In the middle of editing a video, I get a phonecall.

My heart stops for a moment. It's Happy's number.

My heart starts racing fast as I pick up my phone. I answer the call.

"Simon." She says my name, crying out. God, I missed the sound of her sweet voice. But she's crying, which is making me feel distressed and sad.

"Happy?" I say, sounding pretty shocked.

I can't believe she called. So many dark thoughts crossed my mind. About her being in trouble, or not alive.

"I'm sorry." She cries out.

What is she sorry about? What is going on? If anyone hurt her, I don't know even want to know what I might do.

"Happy, what's wrong? Happy?" I question her.

I'm calling out her nickname because now, after many months I finally have a chance of talking to her, calling her the way I used to.

"I'm just sorry for not telling you. I know you'll find out soon... and I'm so-" She is literally sobbing, trying to catch her breath.

"Find out what? Happy please talk to me." I quickly ask.

I'm so terrified. Why won't she explain anything?

"I'm sorry. I love you." She says.

And after that was silence. She hung up and left me here, clueless about what's going on.

"For fuck sake!" I say and throw my phone away.

I didn't let out a single tear since she's not here. But this broke me.

My eyes start getting watery.A tear escapes my eye. I quickly wipe it off.

It hurts me so much to hear her crying. I've never heard her cry like this. And it's making me sad and angry at the same time.

(2 weeks later)

For two weeks. I was only thinking about that phonecall for two weeks. I couldn't concentrate on anything else.

I decided to go to her flat, again. I know It's just making it worse for me, but that's the only place where I can remember our amazing evenings, mornings, days and nights without thinking she's miles away.

I'm close to her building.

"Simon!" I hear someone say behind me,a few meters away. I turn around and see Nia coming to me.

Why? And why would she talk to me? I don't like her at all. Just when I remember how she fucked up me and Happy with her lies I'm angry at her.

She comes up to me, as I stand in front of her, really not wanting to talk to her.

"Knew you'd hang around close to her flat.."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask, frowning.

"Nothing, just...while you're here I'd like to tell you something about Ness." She says, sounding completely serious, but her eyes tend to show her snakey moves.

"Let me hear what lie you'll tell me again." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

I'm not taking her seriously at all. Why would I?

"Please, listen to me. I'll be completely honest." She says. I stand in silence as she starts talking.

"You know what? I think you're overall a good guy, and I think you should know. Definitely because when this happened to me..." She says and looks down as she continues

"...when it happened to me told that guy what was happening. And I think It's very messed up from her that she did not tell you..." She says

"Tell me what?" I ask, still frowning.

"She's pregnant." She says

Did she really think I would believe her?

I laugh.

"Nice one." I say and turn around to walk away. She stops me.

"No, I'm serious. I'm not fucking around about this." She says

"Why would I believe you?" I ask her in a serious tone now.

"I saw her when Beth and I were on a holiday in America." She says and continues

"And I didn't know she is pregnant. I had no clue. And I don't know if It's yours to be honest." She says

Is stare at her with a confused look on my face.

She looks like she's telling the truth, but I can't believe her. She's just good at lying.

"Bye Nia." I say and turn around as I walk away from her.

She tries to stop me but I keep walking to her flat.

***

I spent hours in here. I still can't stop thinking about her phonecall.

What if it has to do with what Nia said?

She's lying. It can't be true.

There are so many reasons why Happy would apologise to me.

Endless reasons and possibilities.