× Chapter 91 × ~ Simon

*Simon's POV*

I started going out. Not to search for girls, as much everyone's trying to help me. I drink quite often. Bu this time she isn't here to take care of me.

Quite often, I wonder how she's holding on. Did she really move on?

I wonder if she thinks of me.

JJ and Jessie are trying so hard to talk to me, but I keep avoiding the talk. I feel bad for not speaking up how I feel.

I put on my jacket. I'm going to her flat. I often go there, but don't tell them.

I walked downstairs and got stopped by Jessie and JJ.

"Simon, can I talk to you for a moment?" Jessie asks me. I'm not adding anything up to their conversation about Happy. I nod and stand by the door, in the kitchen.

"It's about Ness." JJ says

"I don't want to talk about her."

"Simon, maybe It's time to move on the normal way. She won't be here for a long time." JJ says

"It's only been 5 months."

"Only?"

"It's not enough, if you ask me." I say as I look at Jessie. She looks down, not saying anything.

"You think that's long enough, don't you?" I say to her. JJ stares at her too, waiting for an answer.

"I'm just her friend. I can wait till the end of my life if I want. It's different for you and me." She says, looking down.

"But I think you should at least start living a normal life, and get used to her not being here." She adds

"And then start completely over when she comes back here? That's pointless. I'd rather wait." I say

"What if she's not going to be back?" She asks

"Don't say that. She will be back." I say

"How do you know?"

"Because she always comes back." I say as they stare at me.

"She maybe leaves every time without saying anything, but she comes back to explain. Always." I say and get up.

"I have to go now." I say

"Are you going out again?" Jessie asks

"Yes." I lie

"Don't do anything stupid." JJ says

"I won't." I say and take my phone and keys.

I get in the car and start driving to her flat.

***

All the random things she has in her room. Pictures, posters, countless notes and books.

I stare at them. I could stare at her things for hours, including her. I remember when she used to talk to me about collecting vinyls, albums from her favourite bands.

She loved The Beatles. I hope she still does. I hope she catches some time to sit by herself and listen to music. Or play the piano.

I remember when I listened to her play it. She looked so happy.

I stare at her bed, which is perfectly made. Untouched since she left.

I sit down on her bed and look around.

All of her bracelets are still on the night stand.

I open the top drawer. I found her favourite book called 'It' by Stephen King.

She must've forgotten to take it. I opened the book and saw the little pressed out daisy that I gave to her a long time ago. It makes me smile.

I look around the room, again.

She took most of the things with her, though.

Her piano is covered in dust, along with the paintings she kept.

Maybe she misses her books.