× Chapter 89 ×

(At the hospital)

I went to the hospital and scheduled this procedure with the doctor.
I sit at the waiting room. I see a lot of women around me as I try to figure out their stories.

This reminds me of me and Simon, when we tried to read people and figure out their names and personalities by their looks on our first date. That was such a long time ago. And now It's painful that everything reminds me of him, or the things we did.

Even this thing inside me.

My thoughts are interrupted by the nurse, calling my name.

I got up and went to the room with the doctor. She asked me a few questions. I answered them and moments later the nurse was getting me ready for this procedure. I sighed and waited for a few seconds.

"Don't be afraid." The nurse says. I lay in the weird chair with my legs up on the part that I should lean my legs on. We wait for the doctor.

The doctor comes in, and asks me the last important question.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asks

I can feel everything slowly stop as I can only hear my thoughts.

Is this the right choice?

What if he would want me to keep the baby?

How will this affect me?

What if It's going to have the same colour of his eyes?

Or my talent in music?

It's just a little being. It shouldn't be gone like this.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The nurse asks as well.

I wait for a few seconds in silence.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I say and start tearing up

"You want to keep the baby?"

"Yes." I answer and nod as I notice a few tears escaping my eyes.

"It's okay, Happiness. Things like this often happen." The nurse says, comforting me. I get up and went behind the curtain to change into my clothes. The doctor is still there. 

"Happiness, I'm glad you made this decision." She says and I nod.

"You're now at 10 weeks pregnant. You should come for about a month or two for the ultrasound check. Till then if there's going to be any problems, come here and we'll figure it out." She adds

"Thank you." I say and put on my jacket. 

"Bye." I say to her and to the nurse before I leave.

"Take care." They both say and I leave the room. I see the same women in the waiting room. I quickly get out of the hospital.

***

I got back to the casino. Charlie is on his break, same as Roxanne. I look around for them. They're probably in her dressing room. I get in and instantly start to talk.

"I couldn't do it." I say. They both immediately look at me.

"What?" Charlie widens his eyes

"Holy shit." Roxanne says as she puts out her cigarette in the ashtray. Charlie moves from his chair and I sit down.

"I couldn't do it." I repeat as I tear up again.

"Calm down, calm down." Charlie says, hugging me.

"It's okay, we'll be here for you." Roxanne tries hard to comfort me. I can really see she cares now.

"You will?"

"Yes." They both say

"Thank you." I say

"There's a lot we have to talk about. It'll be a long and tough journey, but for now the important thing is that you can rely on us. We're your friends, Happs." Charlie says and I nod.

He's right. It's going to be a long and tough journey from here, and I hope I made the right decision.

The only problem that's really bugging me is Simon.

He'll eventually know. He has to know.