× Chapter 92 ×

20 weeks pregnant

My belly is growing so fast. I went to my ultrasound check today. Thankfully, my little baby girl is okay. Violet still doesn't know. I feel really bad I'm hiding this from her. I have to tell her, at least someone outside the casino has to know.

I hear a knock on my door. I slowly get up and open the door. It's Charlie.

"Hey Happs." He says, holding bags from the grocery store.

"Hey." I say, sounding pretty distressed.

"What's wrong?" He asks, putting down the groceries on the table.

"Just a lot going on in my head." I say

"You need to get some fresh air, walk around for a whole. You didn't leave your apartment in weeks." He says

"Yes, but I'm educating myself. I've been reading a lot books about babies and pregnancies.."

"You'll go take a walk with Roxanne today." He cuts me off.

"Charlie, I don't think that's necessary." I say

"Just go out for a bit, okay? It's a beautiful day outside." He says

"Okay, okay. I'll go." I say

"Great. I have to go to work now. Get ready, I'll tell her to come pick you up in 30 minutes, It's that okay?" He asks, as I open the door for him.

"Yes." I sigh

"Bye Happs." He says

"Bye." I say and close the door.

(30 minutes later)

I put on one of the only bigger t-shirts that I brought here. I put my sweater on and grey tracksuits. I hear a knock on my door. I open the door.

"Hey Happs." She says with a smile

"Why are you so happy?" I ask with a confused look

"I like taking care of pregnant women." She says

"What? That's a complete change of character." I chuckle, after a few moments of silence, she speaks.

"Let's go take a walk, get some fresh air, get some Ice cream."

"I'm not a little child, you can't buy me with Ice cream." I giggle

"What about an ice cream covered in chocolate syrup? I bet she would like some." She says, pointing at my quite big belly.

"Okay, fine." I say and put on my beanie.

***

We are sitting on the grass, eating our ice cream cones that we bought nearby.

"Do you ever wonder what is she going to look like?" Roxanne asks me

"Sometimes." I say

"Earlier, you said you like taking care of pregnant girls, what does that mean?" I ask with a confused chuckle.

"I loved taking care of my sister when she was pregnant, few years ago." She says as she eats her ice cream. I nod with a smile

"Ohh." I react when I feel my baby kick and move inside my belly.

"Are you okay?"

"She's kicking. I started feeling it last week." I say and look down with a smile.

"Can I ?" She asks for a permission to touch my belly.

"Yeah, sure." I say and gently put her hand on my belly. A few seconds later, she feels my baby move.