× Chapter 87 × ~ Simon

(2 weeks later)

*Simon's POV*

It's been two weeks since Happy left. I didn't leave my room. I'm trying to bury myself in the work. Her letter is still on the drawer.

Jessie is often around. She's making sure I'm managing. Today she came over with Violet.

"Hey Simon." They both quietly says.

"Hey." I say and take my headset off. I sit in my chair since I just finished editing a video.

"Are you okay?" Violet asks me

"No. It's still quite new to get used to it." I talk about Happy.

"Yeah, I get it." She says and Jessie nods.

"I guess you're not going to tell me where she is." I quietly say. Jessie looks at her, hoping Violet would tell her where Happy is.

"No, I'm sorry. But try to understand me." Violet says

"I get it. Just answer me one question, okay?" I say. She nods.

"Is she happy there? She's not in any trouble, isn't she?" I ask

"Well, It's not easy for her. But she says she's okay. She's can manage with it." She says and looks down.

"You speak to her often?"

"Once a week."

"...does she ask about me?" I ask her.

"She only told me not to tell you where she is."

I look down.

"She's okay. I feel like that's all I can say." She adds

"Thanks Violet." I say

"Have you read the letter?" I ask her

"No. I didn't know she wrote one. I found out from Jessie." She says pointing at her.

"Can I read it?" Violet asks. I nod my head and hand her the letter.

I look away while she is reading the letter.

I can't imagine how hard it is for her, to have her sister gone for two years.

(Few minutes later)

She finished reading the letter and stared at Jessie. Jessie started to tear up so she left the room.

"Jessie!" Violet called out her name, but she didn't come back.

"It's okay. She finds it hard to get over it as well." I say

"I can't imagine how hard it is for you." I add

"It is hard, but it's not the first time she's gone for a long time." She says

"How are you holding on?" She asks me

"I'd rather not think about it." 

"She took it like a champion, you know? I know she was breaking inside, but she told me it is just a thing we have to do. A thing she has to do. And because of that she is extremely brave." She says and I look away for a bit, biting my nails.

"It's just weird because when she comes back...I'll be an adult. 18 years old." She says

"I know, Violet." I say 

"She wrote she wants you to move on, but I'm not sure if both of you can do such a thing." She says and leaves to get Jessie.

I lean back against my chair.

This time is the worst way of leaving. Because I know the minimum of her coming back is 2 years. Who knows if she'll be back at all.