× Chapter 40 × ~ Simon

*Simon's POV*

(Saturday)

I texted Jessie asking for Happy's address in Manchester. I'm coming there. I can't stand it anymore.

After she texted me her address I got up quickly and went out of the train station. I bought a ticket and waited for a train to come.

***

In the train I was thinking about what will I say to Happy. I have no clue; I just want her back. I feel like now neither of us is angry at each other, I hope so.

(Skip the train journey)

After I arrived I wandered a bit through the streets until I came to the neighborhood that her house was in. I noticed it was already getting pretty dark.

Thousands of images flew through my head. Most of them were memories and other were what might happen when I see her again. I was so frightened I might lose her and be lonely again.

I finally found her house. It was quite a party there. I don't know what they were celebrating. I looked around and noticed what was going on across the street, quite far away.

I saw her, but I wish I hadn't seen her like this.

She wasn't sad at all, she was happy...

But I wished she was Happy alone. She wasn't. There was a guy sitting next to her, and she smiled really brightly. It was the same smile she used to show me.

If she's happy, I can't ruin this for her. She deserves to be happy, and lately it wasn't the time of our lives. I barely move. She looks so beautiful in that dress.

Without a word, I back away. It was very hard for me, I admit it. I turned around and walked away.

It's over, it really is now.

I went back to London, with many things stuck in my head. I got in the house and Jessie was there, waiting for me to come back together with Happy. But that didn't happen.

"Isn't she supposed to be here with you? What happened?" Jessie asks confused

"Let's just say she's happy now..." I say

"What do you mean?" She asks

"She found a new guy. I saw her smiling the way she smiled at me and I didn't need to talk to her, it's all pretty clear" I say sitting down

"No, that's impossible. Ness isn't like that." She says

"If you were there, you would get it too." I say. She looked disappointed and a bit hurt.

"You have to talk to her" She says

"No" I shake my head

"I'll wait for her to come back, if I'll realise she won't come back I'll stop bothering." I say

Jessie shook her head not knowing what to say. After a while she left and I went to my room.

I really thought she was the one.