Chapter 25

Handsome-

As we actually walked to the car to go to my house...my nerves set in. I was actually neverous...I was really taking a girl to my house to meet my mother. And not as a friend. As a " girlfriend "

" Are you scared ? " I asked her as I headed back that way.

" You sound like you are ? " She looks at me.

" I have never took anyone to my moms house - "

" Well then I feel special. That a good thing, right ? " She ask.

" A great thing " I tell her.

" Maybe after today you and Ivan can sit...and talk " I looked at her like she was crazy before turning back to the road.

" Are you crazy? 5 is worst then meeting my mama. He crazy "

" No hes not "

" Isis you have memory loss you wouldnt know - " She turn and looked at me and I gasped catching what I said.

Fuck!

" Thanks alot, Handsome. " She folds her arms across her chest. I sighed.

" Isis, sorry I didn't mean it like that. It slipped - "

" Well it shows what you really think! That I don't really know shit. It doesn't matter what you MENT to say...it's what you FEEL. And I realize you feel like im some stuck up memory loss freak that you probably feel bad for " She says.

Seriously, here we go with this shit.

" Like for real I just apolijized. Either you accept it or not. If thats how I felt trust me I would have told you. It slipped. I didn't mean it as, you don't know shit. I ment is as you just met ya dad these last couple of months...Ive been knowing him some years now...Hes different to you then he is to everybody else. As a daughter, you wouldn't know his true colors..until you saw them. As somebody who has been around him and his crew. I've seen them, been in the middle of them, been the target of them and has witnessed them. You need to calm down " I tell her. She didn't say anything else.

And I decided to leave her alone.

Arguing with her is like arguing with a sister. Its the back and forth. And I've told her I love her ass...I do. But don't no nigga want a girlfriend thats gon' be aggy and twist and turn every word that comes out of his mouth.

I understand in the last few months she's been through somethings...but damn she can't let that shit fvck up and control everything. She takes everything to the heart because of it.

It's pretty annoying too sometimes. To have to bite my tongue and watch what I say around her because I don't want her getting offended and in her feelings about it.

Im just being honest.

Im Carefree. I don't think when I talk, I just talk. I don't think before I do something, I just take action. Thats Handsome. Either she's gon have to live with it and adjust. Or not. Cause thats me. Nigga im care free.

We pulled up in my drive way and I parked next to twins truck. I sighed. " Ready? " I look at her. She nod and we both got out. I started walking to the door and looked back noticing she wasn't behind me. I sighed.

" Whats wrong ? " I ask her. Okay, now this is getting irratating.

" Im scared " She admitss.

" Of what ? " I walked over to her.

" What if she doesn't like me? What if she hates me? " She looks up at me. I shrug. She looked wide eyed at me. I couldn't give sympathy right now. " Could you take me home? " She says.