Chapter 55: Love [Part 2]

Author's Note:

Thanks to autocorrect, there's no typing errors. Well...I love writing offline in mobile while doing the finishing touches online. Because it seems better :))))))
…………………………………………………………

In that moment, I realized something more to the new "me". Jeri wrote on her diary. She remembers what happened earlier. She closes her eyes and a flashback plays on her head.

"Chanyeol...what's with your arm?" Jeri asked from worry, seeing his arms showing a glowing tattoo. She was holding it tightly, not even realizing...her tattoo on her right wrist was glowing too.

Jeri's eyes widened in shock...her wrist started to form a chain linking to Chan's right arm. They both looked at each other...and the image flashed in front of her eyes...

The moment when she met Chanyeol...where everything started, she realized..."Jeri, you're my lifeline." Chanyeol murmured and Jeri looked at him in confusion.

"Jeri, we both share a life...when you die, I die too, vice versa...you're my lifeline. That's why I felt so close to you when we first met." He said.

Jeri gulped loudly. She looked at her right wrist, glowing in an orange shade.

…………………………………………………………

Chan was outside Jeri's room, waiting for her to let him come in. He sighed, still remembering what happened. He looked at his right arm and sees a tattoo of his element, The Phoenix, glowing a shade of sky blue.

He already knows what this means...Jeri needs him. In a quick second, the door opened and Chanyeol stood up from where he was sitting. He saw Jeri smiling at him...he took a deep breath and went inside.

Jeri closed the door slowly, and noticed Chanyeol's tattoo of a phoenix, glowing in the shade of sky blue. She murmured, "Yep, I did need you."

Jeri walked next to Chan's side and took his arm to scan it. She smiled and looked at Chanyeol's eyes. She remembered the insecurities she had when she found out about Chan being a demigod for the first time.

Will I ever have a good life with him?

Will my life ever be in danger?

Then she answers it all...Yeah, I may be in danger, my life may have lots of up-and-downs. But I know what will make me go further is Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol... I love you." She finally says fearlessly and kisses him in a millisecond. Chanyeol was quite shocked about Jeri's sudden attack. After a minute, Jeri pulled away and looked down.

"I love you too. Kim Jeri." Chanyeol said and embraced her in his arms.