Chapter 29: Pierrot (Clown)

Author's Notes:

In the multimedia section, there is the song Pierrot by Hatsune Miku. It is Japanese pop but the song is very sad. You better listen to it. :)

..........................................................................................................................................................

It has been a week since Jeri got out of the hospital. And Chanyeol can't be found. The guys have been looking for him, but still, he can't be found.

Hyeri has been concerned about Jeri too. Even though Jeri is now a guide, Kris won't allow her to go out yet. Even though Tao is already sensing where Chanyeol is, Jeri would like to go out and find Chanyeol herself, but Kris still won't allow her.

Jeri was at her house, watching TV. She was bored and now, wants to find Chanyeol. She looked at the door....and smirked. She walked to the door and opened it. She got a memo and a pen and wrote:

Hyeri,

I have to find Chanyeol myself. I know he will only show up to me. Trust me, I will be back when I found him already.

Jeri

She posted it on the wall and ran out of her room. She got out of the gate and ran away.

..........................................................................................................................................

She was just walking, it was already afternoon. She has been looking for Chanyeol and, still, he can't be found. But on the way, she saw a huge red circus tent. She walked to it just to check who's inside.

Step by step, Jeri hears cries of a boy, loud sobs and sniffs. When she got inside, she saw a man who was crying.

"M-May I help you?" Jeri asked and the guy looked behind, his side angle shows he was wearing a clown mask. He stood up and looked at Jeri. "I don't need anyone's help." He answered rudely. His voice was husky, and very deep. Jeri just nodded and thought something.

Is that Chanyeol? Jeri thought. She looked at the guy again and walked to him. "May I see your face?" Jeri asked and the guy shook his head. "I look like the worst man in the world." The guy said and Jeri shook her head. She held his hands. "Just trust me." Jeri said and she slowly took off the mask.

When she removed it, she saw Chanyeol, whose eyes look puffy and tired. He cried again and Jeri was shocked. Jeri hugged him and Chanyeol kept on crying and crying. "Channie..we have to go back." Jeri said and Chan shook his head.

"I don't want to. I wanna run away from everything." Chanyeol said and cried harder. Jeri got the clown mask and wore it on. "Chan! Come on, we have to." Jeri said while goofing around, which made Chan cry harder. Chan removed the mask from her face and threw it away.

"Don't try to make me cry even harder!" Chan yelled at Jeri and he took a deep breath. "I only keep on making lies. I always say it's alright, but the truth is I'm not. It would be okay if you won't be with me, but I will be sadder if I lose you!" Chan yelled and Jeri stared at him.

"Jeri...I ran away, knowing you'll be suffering. You're a guide soldier, you protect me and the others. You have to even sacrifice your life just for us. I won't let you die!" Chan yelled and cried harder. "If I wanted to die, won't you let me?" Jeri asked and Chan shook his head. "Then why?" Jeri asked. "Because I love you." Chanyeol admitted and hugged her.

Jeri remembered when she asked herself if Chanyeol did have feelings for her too. Now, she got her answer. Jeri let go and stared in Chanyeol's eyes. Jeri cupped his cheeks, and slowly, kissed him. For Chanyeol...it was his first kiss, even Jeri's too.

Jeri pulled away and saw Chanyeol staring at her. "What?" She asked. "Nothing." Chanyeol said and immediately kissed her again. Jeri just let him instead, take his time.

Author-nim