Chapter Seven: Dinner

**Tris**

Today is Saturday and we have to go to the Eaton's house for diner. Kind of awkward. I mean, their son is trying to make things up with me and Caleb and he has been picking on us for years. So, yeah, hopefully they won't ask about school.

"Mom, do we have to dress up?" I asked.

"Beatrice, it's a dinner at another house, yes, you have to dress up." my mom said.

"Right." I said.

"It's only for a night. Tomorrow you can eat in your pajamas. I'll take you dress shopping okay?" she asked.

"Okay." I said. (A/N: *wink*)

" I'll go see if Your dad wants to take Caleb somewhere." she said.

She left the room and went into the living room to go see my dad and Caleb. I got up and picked up my phone. I get a text from Christina. I told her about the dinner thing. She probably wants to know more. 

I open up her text and it reads: So, when are you going to Four's?

Great, now she won't stop bugging me. I'll have to turn off my phone when we go shopping and at dinner. Since the rule is we can't have phones out at dinner. My parents say it's rude or whatever. I'm pretty sure every teenager goes on their phone during dinner or when ever they can go on their phone, but my parents have their rules. 

"Okay, Dad and Caleb are going to go to the store and look at stuff. We are going to go to that new dress shop." my mom said.

"Yay." I say.

She grabs her purse and I turn off my phone and put it in my pocket. I don't care if Christina texted me. We get into my mom's car. My dad and Caleb get into my dad's car a few seconds after. My mom starts up the car and backs out of the drive way. 

I know how to drive, but I need to get my license, which this year I'll be able to. The shop is only ten minutes away from us, so we get there quick. My mom parks and we get out of the car. It's a small shop, but  I heard they have the best dresses. We enter and I see a lot of beautiful dresses. 

"This place has so many dresses." I say.

"I heard from a friend that they are the best place to go to. Well, let's shop." my mom says.

We look around at all of the dresses. I found a bunch of pretty ones, but I wouldn't wear them. But a black one catches my eye. It's so pretty.

 It's so pretty

"Mom, this one." I say.

She looks over and smiles. She then tells me to try it on. I go to the fitting rooms and try it on. It looks pretty good on me. I change back in to my other clothes and get out of the fitting room. I go to my mom who has found matching shoes. We go to the counter and pay.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
At the dinner, we are all silent. The Eaton's are talking to my parents. Me and Caleb are poking at our food and Four is casually drinking his water.

"So." I say.

"So...what?" Four asks.

"What's the conversation?" I ask.

"Ii don't know, what do you want to talk about?" He asks

"I don't know." I said.

"Kids, we would like to tell you something. We are all going on a trip to the beach!" Mrs. Eaton says.

"When." I ask.

"Two weeks. It was going to be Four weeks, but we are busy on the day we wanted to go on." She says.

Yay, I get to go the beach, with Four too. Why am I excited about that. I'll tell Christina when I get home.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Note: my friend always asks me whats the conversation at lunch when we are bored, 😃

Vote, comment and follow