N o t h i n g n e s s

S o n g : O x B l o o d - P l a g u e V e n d o r

C h a p t e r LVIII
V i r i d i a n

I had to force her out of my mind. I couldn't worry about her anymore. I knew she would be fine: I saw those dead xV's when I bursted into the church doors. She could fight if her life was endangered. Kenna would be more than fine.

The xV's stood motionlessly, the zombified ones doing nothing even as I smashed their brains in with my fists. My burning anger was boiling into rage the closer I got to the church. The beady yellowy eyes of the fûcked-up vampires watched me with hatred, unable to make a move on me due to Miguel's orders.

Their black blood made puddles on the floor with each thoughtless kill as they fell down to their knees and lit up in flames.

My breath was ragged as I kicked open the door, ready for this to be over. He was going to die for what he had done to Kenna. For what he had done to the only thing I truly loved in this rotting world and all of the others.

"Miguel!" I roared out into the darkness, my eyes quickly adjusting as they frantically searched for a figure creeping around.

"Viridian. Viridian. Viridian." He chuckled maliciously from somewhere within the deepest parts of the darkness, "Do you think if I say your name enough I'll finally understand why people fear it so much?" With a laugh, he jumped down from the rafters, directly in front of me as he cracked his neck with a smirk. "Because honestly, I'm just not seeing it."

"Why don't I demonstrate it for you?" My lip twitched up into a snarl before I let the Drâculae bloodline take over with a violent rip through my tensed body. My eyes illuminated into gold as I sneered my red fangs at him.

Miguel watched unimpressed, "Ou. Scary." He scoffed sarcastically before his entire body began to tremble as power radiated off of him like he was radioactive. "Like I said, Lord Viridian," he bellowed as black veins popped up all over his skin, pumping him full of the poison that was rotting the others. "I was chosen!" His eyes flashed into a startling black that seemed to be created purely of evil as the air around him noticeably started to thicken like a visible aura of darkness.

I didn't like it.

At once I leaped into the air, trying to catch him off guard as I tackled him into the altar. His back collided loudly with the hard surfaces as I threw my weight into his gut with my shoulder. My lips twitched up into a smirk as I brought my fist down into his jaw at a blinding speed.

The air on its own accord abruptly pushed me away from him before I could land a single blow; as if rejecting me. Without warning and without Miguel even lifting a single finger, I was soaring through the air, back away from him like a boomerang. My spine hit the wall painfully with such an impact I was breathlessly down on my knees before I could even wrap my head around what had happened.

Miguel stood up from the rubble, his left arm hanging limply at his side before he popped it back into place, "You should listen to your elders when they speak, boy." He grinned wide, his black soulless eyes as round as they could possibly go. "You might have the blood of the Vampire King; but I have the blood of a Vampire God." He laughed hysterically, walking over to me.

Each step he took I could feel the wave of the nothingness around him push against me.

I stood up, irritatedly wiping the blood off of my chin with the back of my hand as I summoned up all of my energy. He was forcing me to use my true form so early on into the fight.