B e a u t i f u l

S o n g : S h e s S o H i g h - T a l B a c h m a n

C h a p t e r XXXIV
V i r i d i a n

Kenna was making me go mad. I couldn't keep my eyes or hands off of her. The more I was with her and the more I learned about her, I just wanted to...

I wasn't sure.

I definitely wanted to taste that sweetness rushing in her veins, but I also just...wanted to throw her on my bed and taste the rest of her too. Repeatedly. Until she was all I knew and all I was. Until I knew every inch of her body better than I knew the back of my own hand.

She was beautiful. I kept catching myself getting lost in all of the green markings on her skin; they were mesmerizing. The tiny swirls covered half of her head and fell down to the back of her neck -I saw them when she moved her hair to the side. They then followed the top of her spine, but they disappeared from my view too soon because of her clothing. In the front, they gradually started from the middle of her chest, went up to her right shoulder, and then encircled her skinny arm; thinning out on the back of her hand. Her left leg was also enwrapped in the markings as was her little foot.

I just wanted to follow them with my lips, find out if they went all around her body or just stopped somewhere.

With a violent head shake, I returned to reality as I grabbed the leftover strawberry grapefruit smoothie (now practically juice) from the fridge -Kenna's favourite. She was lying on her back on the rug holding one of the smaller books up in the air as she read, completely consumed in her research. She would have never eaten if I didn't pull her away every mealtime. It was weird being a vampire and having to make a human (well, a more human-like creature than I) eat. It was practically against all the laws of nature.

"Kenna," I sat down beside her head cross-legged, running my fingers in her sprawled out soft hair as I leaned over to be in her line of view, "Go eat, little beast."

Her eyes looked up at me as a slow blush creeped over her cheeks and nose, "Whatcha' make?" She put the book down beside her, her heart speeding up as I captured her dark green eyes.

"Come eat." I bent down, rubbing my nose on hers, "now."

Then before I could become wrapped up in thoughts about her and I and a bed, I moved quickly to where the food was waiting. I chuckled as I heard her loudly groan from the other side of the room. She ran over, sliding along the floor on the mat with a giggle. Her eyes now a brighter green as she woke up from her trance. She delicately hopped off on her bare feet, jumping to the stool beside me on the breakfast bar and spinning on it fast.

She was definitely fairylike with her agility, but she was different too. Fairies were more mischievous and liked to cause trouble and pull pranks --not as bad as Pixies or Imps but Fairies were also more emotional and it made them act out irrationally sometimes. Kenna was mischievous, but she also had a purity about her that brightened everything around her. It was like she was made to do good. Even if she was angry and hurt, I don't think she would let her emotions cause real harm to something. Even when she lashed out and scratched me, it was merely for protection from me.

"You're staring," she pointed out with a mouthful of pancakes.

"And you're beautiful." I said without a thought. My own skin flushed as I gritted my teeth. Stupid. I kept doing that. She always became quiet after.

I watched as she bit her lip, hiding an unsure smile. It made me want to grab her and kiss her until she let me in. Those lips would be the death of me soon if I didn't have them.

"You're still staring." Her cheeks and lips were a red so luscious that I let out a low growl I'm sure she heard.

My eyes were quickly clouding in every lust possible, "And you're still beautiful." I was unable to look away. She was hypnotizing me with her blood and beauty. It was seducing every part of me; vampire and man.

She looked away first, taking a gulp of the drink as she squeezed her eyes shut in denial. Her heart was louder than anything I had ever heard, and I only wanted to make it louder. It was making it hard to breathe. I just wanted her -needed her.

"Virid-" she started, but caught the surely starved look in my eye, stopping her immediately. "Viridian?" Kenna squeaked out.

I couldn't tell if she was scared or not. Her eyes were so wide as her cheeks blushed furiously. With a frustrated hiss, I ripped away from her overwhelming green gaze. I didn't want to scare her. She already had been through enough with vampires -a lot more than 'more than enough'.

"Viridian..." She said in a tiny voice, her hand touching my shoulder; coercing me to stop hiding from her. "I'm not scared. Look at me."

Trying to calm down with a breath, I turned my head back to her. My eyes attention were at once stolen by two green jewels that sparkled ruthlessly.

"I need to know..." She mumbled, pulling anxiously at her dress.

My hand took hers gently, smoothing it out with my thumb. "Stop worrying. What's on your mind, little beast?" I tried desperately to hide the lustfulness, but as soon as I spoke I knew it was pointless. The huskiness sent a shiver down her back.

"It's just," Kenna talked in a whisper, "What do you... think? Of me, I mean." She once again tugged at her clothes and hair, "I mean. I mean...oh, I don't know what I mean." She huffed as I stared dumbfounded at her. "It's just when I see you... I want to..." She bit her lip, her eyes blazing into mine and causing my chest to tighten, "Never mind." She muttered dejectedly, her eyes falling down to her lap.

Groaning, I bit back my pride and conflicting thoughts as I reached out to her. My fingers wrapped in her hair as I stood from my chair and leaned down into her, my starving lips capturing hers in an instant. Her lips were more soft and more warm than all of the times I had imagined them to be. My tongue slowly brushed her bottom lip, begging for entrance as I tasted the sourness from the juice and sweetness from her. She moaned softly, her hands clutching the material on my chest and tugging me closer as I stood between her legs.

Her lips finally parted, allowing me to take my time discovering every sweet delicious taste she had been holding out on me all of this time. Her own tongue swiped along my teeth, causing me to groan lowly as my canines grew. She pulled herself closer, ignoring the danger. The kiss quickly turned heated as my hand fell down her perfect body, digging my fingers into her hip. Our breaths growing harsh and heavy as she desperately grasped at me. Her lip was nipped in the passion, bringing me practically to my knees as her blood covered my mouth and tongue. She was so goddamn delicious.

"Ouch!" She flinched back as I automatically bit her lip, needing more. She scrunched her nose up at my sheepish yet hungry expression. "Be gentle." Kenna purred before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me down for another taste.

†⚜†

FINALLY. Omg. They've finally kissed. It just kinda happened...but thank god.
I can die happy now :)
I've got a few more epic kisses planned though. So maybe after that ;)

So what do you think? Good first kiss, or could be better? (That part where he rubbed his nose with hers had me dying a little. I didn't think I could beat it even with an epic kiss.)