C o n t r o l

S o n g : W r o n g - F i n i s h T i c k e t

C h a p t e r III
V i r i d i a n

The stubborn hazel eyed girl cried quietly suddenly as she attempted to free herself, her tiny body stumbling into me from the pain coursing through it abruptly.

My eyes widened as I released her arm. My control on my strength seemed to be weakening the longer I was exposed to the sun. I had never hurt someone by accident before.

I could hear her heart beating in fear as her eyes looked at me with daggers. She spun on her heel and walked away, her little heart still hammering in her chest like a hummingbirds beating wings.

This wasn't good.

†⚜†

Visibly aware of my growing strength, I stayed clear of everyone; hiding myself in the shade as I tried to keep myself from tiring out further. My head rested back exhaustedly on the tree as I released a loud breath -blending in would be harder than I thought. It seemed I would once again have to learn how to get a handle on myself. How embarrassing. I couldn't handle my own strength.

My mind quickly wandered back home, where the blood of my people was more-than-likely flooding the streets. I just wanted to go back to them. If only Mirella would let me do my job. I could save everyone. I knew I could. They just had to let me try.

"Dammit," I hissed, pulling at my hair in agitation as I ran my hand through it.

This was ridiculous.

They were treating me like a kid who got in the way of grown-ups. Couldn't they see they needed me to lead them? That it was what I was raised to do? What I was born to do? I wasn't a child. They should have realized that.

Shaking my head in anger, I opened my shut eyes. At once the sweet floral scent of that girl passed by me just before I watched her laugh joyfully with her friends. I narrowed my eyes in determination. She wouldn't be afraid of me. I would show to her I wasn't just some abusive guy. She would see I was important. That I had power she couldn't even fathom in that tiny brain. And that I could control it.

With a clenched jaw, I stepped out of the shadows. "Hey, uh -girl." I frowned, not knowing what to call her.

Human would be too obvious, wouldn't it?

Her head tilted as she caught my eye. Straight away she was glowering. "What? Do you want to break my other arm now?" She growled warningly, crossing her arms as if trying to be intimidating.

If anyone in Desdemona had spoken to me like that, their head would have already been ripped off. She needed to watch herself.

My lips twitched as I fought back the sneer, threatening to scare her into obedience. But I needed to prove to at least myself I wasn't some out of control young'n. That I could behave civilly and be the bigger person.

"Your arm," my voice hissed out as I smashed my teeth together. "Tell me if it's okay." I snapped out the command when she frowned in confusion.

Her heart was beating fast again as she visibly shrunk back from my intense glare. But it didn't stop her.

"Go bug someone else with that stupid face of yours." She huffed out. "Leave me alone." Her head turned away in stubbornness before pointing her chin up. "My arm is fine -not that it's any of your damn business."

I released a low warning growl as she once again disrespected me and walked away, making me clench my fists together to keep from grabbing her again. If I did, I would have surely hurt her for real. But God, she didn't make it easy. She was so damn disrespectful. Yet so freaking tiny, it would have been humorous if not for how annoying it was. She didn't even understand how weak she was compared to me.

Which was exactly why I needed to calm down. I could snap her in two with the slightest touch.

I needed to learn to control myself.

†⚜†

Picture of Viridian's foyer...I have his whole house planned to the tee.
I haven't found a picture to match his description yet though -.-
Thanks for coming back xx