e X p o s e d

S o n g : C e m e t e r i e s O f L o n d o n - C o l d p l a y

C h a p t e r XI
V i r i d i a n

My finger softly traced the fangs on the picture Kenna had painted. After persuading her to forget everything, I had to take all of her drawings of me. I couldn't bring myself to destroy the finished product; I kept one of the rough drafts too. I liked seeing myself through her eyes, it made it seem like I understood her more.

"Miguel," I called out as I walked out of my room, hunting him down swiftly as I followed a strong distinct scent to the den.

He was sat on the black leather couch with two beautiful ladies; one passed out on his lap, and the other one was leaning on his left side drowsily. His teeth were locked onto the conscious girls wrist, blood steadily running down his scruffy grey chin and sticking to his shirt. The smell was potent as the liquid covered the young women.

He lowered the hypnotized ladies arm, wiping his mouth off with the handkerchief in his pocket -not that it helped much, his beard was soaked in the red. "What can I do for you, my lord?" He asked, running a hand through the unconscious females golden hair. The blood on his hand quickly stained her locks red as he played with the shiny curly strands.

"Have you heard back from Mirella yet?" I asked snappily, feeling irritated as my head pounded from the strong sickly sweet smell of the two living blood bags that were slightly ripped open -just enough so that the aroma was swirling in the air.

It had been two days since I had used my compelling power on Kenna. My head was still hurting. I knew most of it was from the sun and constant heat, but it was also unusually hard to get into her head and rearrange her memories. Her will was incredible. It took all of mine to break.

Miguel bit his fingertip, smearing the inky blackness onto the bleeding girls bite marks with a sigh and moving them off of him. "Just this morning I received a letter directed to me. The virus has spread to Phaedra's walls and the whereabouts of the origin is still unknown." He flashed away for a second before coming back with a broken royally sealed letter in his freshly cleaned hands.

Dearest Miguel,
Callidora has been completely overrun with xV's. I'm afraid even creatures who aren't Vampires are beginning to catch it. Whatever is causing these rapid changes distorts the mind first, the body second, and lastly; the very soul. The scientists here believe that it's in the very makings of blood and somehow the blood we are linked to is infected just as much as you if you were to be infected -meaning if I catch this virus, Viri will fall with me. We must not let that happen to my dearest younger brother. I have some business to attend to first, but I will be joining you Above shortly. I cannot put Viridian in danger any longer.
You should know, a new wave has started. According to Cerulean, the xV's are becoming stronger and more aggressive. They are starting to grow conscious. Imagine a demon possessing a weak human and making them do terrible things. That is what this virus is like. Even with their consciousness, we're afraid it isn't them. That the virus is creating new life within the infected. Phaedra's walls will be infiltrated next. They will not last the night.
And yet, despite these terrible awakenings, the Phaedra still want Viri's head on a pike. They too are growing more aggressive and I'm afraid if they are infected, that rage for my dear brother will only be magnified. I am worried. It seems there is no hope, but Cerulean and his scientists are hard at work. We must have faith that Desdemona will be saved.
Send my love to Viridian.
His people miss him horribly, but they understand the importance to keep him away. His power would be the very thing that destroyed us all if he were infected.

Cursing under my breath, I tugged my hand through my hair angrily. I should have been there. They should have been using my power -not hiding it away out of fear. Without me there, Desdemona was left unprotected. They needed me. Yet I was exiled to the Above with no way to get back because of Mirella's and Cerulean's magic prohibiting anyone to leave or enter the underground. I couldn't do a thing to help and it was driving me insane.

†⚜†

Ou. Plot twist kinda ;)
Picture of Miguel above!
Okay, bye :) vote if you want, I won't get mad.