R e g r e t

S o n g : W h e n I m G o n e - 3 D o o r s D o w n

C h a p t e r XXX
V i r i d i a n

It had been two weeks since Kenna 'died' -or did whatever it was she did. Mirella had gone back to Desdemona, promising she would update me on the situation there if I kept her looped in on this. We were rulers of the underground; to say curiosity was sparked when we found a creature we'd had never seen before would be a huge understatement. It was ground breaking.

Centuries we had gone on believing that we were the only creatures; that night walkers were the only ones out there. But Kenna...she was a day walker. She lived with the humans as one and no one -not even I- had any clue what she was hiding. It made me wonder if Kenna had known or not. It sure didn't seem like it...she had no clue Vampires really existed. But then again I had no clue her kind had existed.

But even though I was intrigued by the idea of other beings out there...I mostly only wondered where one being was. And if she was okay. If the spell I had Mirella do, hurt her in someway -those burning butterflies didn't look good.

God, I hoped she was okay. I had already hurt her so much. All I'd done since I had met her was hurt her.

I hoped wherever she was she was happy. And she was painting the forest. And she wasn't haunted by any bad memories. I just wished there was someway I could have known. I didn't know what else I could've had done for her but wait.

With a frustrated exhale, I kicked at a rock, watching it roll deeper into the dark forest. That was another thing; the forest somehow seemed...different. It was like without her it had grown darker -no longer the bright green I had come to enjoy. But I guess I only enjoyed it in the first place because it made Kenna's eyes glow and she loved it. She always felt safe in it.

I briefly wondered whether that had something to do with her species or if it was just something about her no one else had.

I'd always regret not getting to know her.

But I had to see her again eventually. I was a creature who lived forever; if she was somewhere out there, someday and someway I'd find-

My thoughts had once again fallen short as I picked up the familiar scent. It was just barely noticeable. But it was there. The floral sweet scent that I had goddamn missed so much. My blood raced in my veins as my heart beat twice as fast than normal.

Kenna.

I followed the scent that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. As I grew closer I noticed the flavour was even sweeter than before. It was still her, she had just changed somehow. My throat bobbed up and down as I swallowed anxiously. I wanted to run to her, but I didn't want to startle her. I just needed to see her -see she was okay.

Her scent was rolling in strong waves. It was too much. Something was wrong. I could smell her fear and anguish.

My lips turned up into a sneer as I began to run, flashing over there in less than a second.

I saw the flashes of bright green before I heard her scream.

A girl with white-green skin and dark green hair was on her knees in the middle of a little mossy clearing. Emerald flames were devouring her as glittery silvery tears streamed down her face heartbreakingly. She was screaming in pure agony.

"Kenna!" I knew it was her instantly. Even if she was no longer in her human skin.

Her eyes flashed to me, they glowed a deep dark red, her teeth in dangerous points as they grew seemingly painfully, "What did you do?" She bellowed, all the hatred showing through as she growled like a monster at me.

I had hurt her again. I had done this.

She once again piercingly screamed until the earth around her shook as the flames danced higher, lapping up her skin as if they were alive and trying to drag her down to the fiery pits of hell.

What had I done?

†⚜†

:o uh.....This can't be good...