W h i p l a s h

S o n g : B l u e & G r e e n - L O Y A L

C h a p t e r XLIX
V i r i d i a n

I didn't want to tell her. I mean, we didn't really know what happened. They were college students --always going out and getting into trouble. That was the whole point of university; to go out and try new things. That was probably all it was.

"Viridian," Kenna pouted again, her hazel eyes dark and cloudy as she looked up at me from her seat in the green room. Her arms were holding her knees to her chest as she stared up at me like a wounded tiny animal. "Please. Don't hide things from me."

"Oh, Kenna." I bent down in front of the wicker chair surrounded by the greenery seemingly reaching out to her like fingers. "I didn't want to worry you about it." I frowned, touching her soft rosy cheek, feeling the warmth of her emotions under my thumb. 

Her bottom lip quivered and managed to break my heart a little more. My love couldn't ever cry. I couldn't stand the sight.

"Hey, none of that." I rested my forehead on hers. "Stop please, love. It hurts to see you so sad." I confessed quietly before lifting up and pressing my lips to her head as she readjusted her position, sitting on her knees.

"I-I can't help it." She squeaked out quietly, grasping my shirt in her tightened fists. "Are you leaving me? I-Is that what you're trying to say? A-Are you going back to-"

"God, no." I growled out lowly, my hands taking hold of her beautiful face so she'd have to look at me. "You're stuck with me. I'm not going anywhere unless you're there waiting for me." My eyebrows crunched together hard as I watched her close her eyes and exhale loudly in relief. "You're mine, little beast." My voice was soft as brought my lips slowly down to hers, "Don't you ever forget that." I peppered tiny kisses along her jaw and soft lips before taking her bottom lip between my teeth, pulling it gently to get a reaction.

She finally responded, taking control of the kiss as she tangled her fingers into my hair tightly. Her lips parted, deepening the kiss until our breathing became dangerously heavy. I pulled away, placing gentle kisses down her sweet neck, inhaling her delicious scent like she was a good bottle of rosé. Young, sweet, and the most beautiful colour of pink. Yet, made from the same fruit that if left a little longer to absorb the nutritious colours, would someday turn into a rich red wine that would age into near perfection. She was like my own winery that teased me with all of it's deliciousness in a perfect fragile bottle.

"Viridian," she mumbled, her hands falling down to my neck as I continued to torture myself by kissing her flawless porcelain skin where the irresistible sweet liquid visibly ran along her body.

My elongated teeth grazed her ear as I whispered sweet nothings to her, feeling myself fall deeper into the spell of her beauty and blood. All I wanted to do was stay in the world where there were only the two of us. I could make her forget every problem and bring her only to the most beautiful of places. She would only ever be happy if I could just take her away and hide her from everything outside the walls.

But these walls were crumbling and would soon be dust if I didn't act fast.

"I need to know, Viridian." Kenna pulled back, capturing my eyes with her now bright greenish ones. "What's going on?" She frowned, watching me grind my teeth. "I thought you trusted me." She whispered, looking down at her small hands on my chest as she released her clutch on the thin material. "I thought that maybe this wasn't just..." She hesitated. "Maybe I was wrong...Oh. Oh." Her face morphed into shock as if figuring out something.

What was she trying to say? My eyebrows pinched together as I studied her stricken expression.

"Hey, stop that. I'll tell you." I frowned, confused by her sudden silence. My fingers traced her tensed jaw, tipping her chin to look at me. But she turned away curtly. Her hands dropped off of my chest as she fell back into the chair, creating cold distance between us. "Kenna? What-"

She pressed her finger on my lips, shutting me down. "Unless it's about what you're hiding, I'm not interested." Her eyes were guarded as she scowled at me determinedly.

I was getting whiplash.

I never felt the cold temperature in the air; not when my heart beat slow and my blood ran below temperature and the rest of my insides were for mere decoration. But I felt it now. My throat was constricted as I watched her pull away from me. What did I do? What was she thinking? It was like she wanted nothing to do with me.

"Mine." I roared angrily and desperately, tugging on her arm to bring her to my chest. "I told you to never forget that." I huskily scolded into her ear as she shivered. "You. Are. Mine."

"Whatever." She shoved me away, "I'm not an object you can just take possession of." Her eyes glared hard into my shocked ones. "Tell me what you're hiding or I will walk out those doors and never come back."

I flinched back from her, her sharp words like a spear to my heart. Her face instantly flickered with conflict as I tried to hide how much that goddamn hurt.

"If you want to go, then go." My voice was hard as I stood up from my crouch, backing away from her as she sat stunned.

Is that was she thought? That she was trapped? Did she hate being here with me? Was it causing her pain? She was human now. She could talk to everyone again. She didn't need me anymore.

My fists clenched as I turned away from her and walked out the glass doors leading into the mansion. She was right. She wasn't mine. She belonged to no one but herself. If she wasn't happy here, how could I ask her to stay?

†⚜†

Whaaaaaa just happened?
Kenna, get your raging hormones in check. Hurting sweet Viri like that. Not cool!