P r e d a t o r

S o n g : E m p t y G o l d - H a l s e y

C h a p t e r V
V i r i d i a n

What I needed was food. I could feel the sun draining away all of my energy as I walked through the forest. The heat made everything worse; no matter how much shade the trees gave me, I could feel my self-control dripping away like mere sweat.

Thankfully, being away from the campus, I knew it would be okay to give into the hunger scratching at my dry throat.

At least, I thought it would be.

I followed my hunger. The delicious scents of the overpowering red liquid in the area causing my teeth to ache with need. My tongue flicked over my canines, feeling them protrude into two razor sharp points that cut deep into my tongue. As my own blood flowed down my throat, my senses overcame everything -even my control. Each twig snapped and every flutter in the leaves were suddenly as loud as a constant ringing in my ear. My nose picked up a sweetness that at once drove me mad with thirst. The forest blurred around me as I hunted silently, listening and looking only for the one with the special smell. My mouth curved up in a dangerous snarl while I took in my surroundings, sniffing the air for the incredible scent that was in complete control over my body.

It was close. I could practically taste her.

Her?

I hesitated. My body in a conflict as the sweet floral smell became something familiar. I wanted it so bad, I ached. I moved closer, hiding behind the trees as I finally caught sight of my prey.

Her long brown hair hung messily in a loose ponytail, each gust of wind blowing her scent straight into my face as the strands moved in the restless air. Her hazel eyes stared up at the sky, an easy smile on her face as she sighed loudly.

My fingers dug into the tree, her scent hitting me over and over until I was practically on my knees. She needed to leave. Get somewhere public. I wanted her too bad to resist.

With a low growl in the back of my throat I stepped out into the sunlight, startling her immediately as she sensed my presence behind her.

"What are you do-"

She gasped as I flung her back against the tree, my hands pinning hers to the bark beside her head. Her eyes widened until I could see the hidden vibrant green in them as she caught sight of my fangs. My teeth clenched together, my breath ragged as the strong pulse in her tiny neck sped up. I just needed her. I just had to taste her.

"D-don't do it." She said with a barely audible voice as she noticed the conflict in my eyes.

I looked up from her neck, keeping my eyes on hers as I tried to focus only on the many colours sprinkled in the hazel mist of her irises. I didn't want to. But I was so weak from the sun and god, she smelled amazing.

"What's your name?" She spoke again bravely even as her body trembled in fear. "Mine's Makenna, but I like b-being called Kenna."

Kenna, it suited her.

"Makenna s-sounds weird a-and I just like Kenna better." She rambled on, her frightened eyes flickering from my teeth to my glowering eyes. "What's your name?" She asked again quietly.

My jaw clenched as everything inside of me wanted to make her shut up -to just bite into her pretty little neck and drink that damning blood coursing through her veins. I don't think anything had ever smelled as sweet as her in that moment of utter weakness. Maybe I would have if I had been in control; but the way that I was, there was no way I would have been able to stop once I started.

"You don't want to do it, do you?" She shrunk into herself as she studied me with her colourful eyes.

I found myself shaking my head slightly, my grip on her fragile wrists tightening. "No." I breathed out, trying hard not to inhale.

She bit her lip. "Please let me go then."

My eyebrows furrowed. Her watery big green -and yellow and brown and every other colour in the rainbow- eyes pleading fiercely into mine.

"I don't know if I can."

†⚜†

The picture above is what I envision the road to look like :3
I hope the story is still to you're liking xx