S e c r e t s

S o n g : I n s i d e O u t - T h e C h a i n s m o k e r s

C h a p t e r XLVIII
K e n a d i a

Something was up with Viridian. I mean, I knew the whole Obsidian thing freaked him out, but he still wouldn't stop holding me and kissing me days later. It was almost like going back in time before we started this whole...whatever it was that we were: he kept finding every excuse in the book to touch me even if it was just to brush nonexistent lint off my shoulder. I was more than perfectly fine with it, but seeing Viridian so... affectionate, made me suspicious. Something else was up.

"Oh, I wasn't aware I was so helpless I couldn't go get a sweater without your help, Vampire." I giggled as he nuzzled into my neck, his arms holding my back against his hard chest.

"Right," he chuckled, kissing my cheek -and after a moment of hesitation- releasing me. "Kenna, I-" he stopped me from walking away as he grabbed hold of my wrist, his viridian eyes filled with something that made my heart skip a beat.

I tilted my head to the side, walking back over to him and placing my hands on his neck. "What is it, Viridian? What's going on with-"

Before I could finish, Viridian pulled me up to his lips by my arms, kissing me hard as he wrapped me up into his consuming embrace. It instantly made my toes curl and breath come out in a sigh as my hands clutched onto the material on his strong shoulders.

"Kenna," he breathed into my hair as I snuggled into his chest so perfectly content that the world could have ended and I wouldn't have cared. "It would appear I'm in-"

"Hey, Kenna do you know where Virid- oh, there you are!" Saffron interrupted him as she skipped towards us in a summer dress --it was like the girl never got cold. It was October for goodness sakes.

Viridian grumbled under his breath before placing a gentle kiss on my temple, "Stay safe, little beast." He ordered me as he let me go, joining the impatient fairy-like creature. "What can I do for you, butterfly?" He placed his hand on top of her orange head as they walked down the hall telling each other secrets like gossiping old ladies.

"No way." My head shook disapprovingly at the mischievous pair. "You are not keeping secrets from me, you annoying brats." I crossed my arms, watching suspiciously as Saffron whispered into his ear while he curtly nodded.

"Little human, why don't you go draw some flowers while the grown ups talk?" Viridian said with his back to me and his face slightly turned to the side. The only thing that kept me from knocking him down was the obvious smirk visible to me even from behind him.

"Little human, huh? I haven't heard that pet name in a while." I walked up to him as saffron giggled knowingly. My arms snaked around his waist and he subconsciously began to lightly trail his fingertips along my skin. "What are you hiding from me, Vampire Prince?" I placed kisses on his now tensed back, enjoying how the slightest touch had effected him so much.

In less time than the mere blink of an eye, he had spun around, bending down so that we were face to face. "Aren't you perceptive today, little beast." He breathed into my face as I fell deeply into the blues and greens of his irises, subconsciously counting the numerous tints and shades inside the darkly brown lashed bright eyes.

I was unresponsive. All my brain allowed me to do was stare like a fool, captured in a beautiful boys viridian gaze as his thumb brushed over my flushed cheek. It was infuriating how amused he was as he caught on to my tongue tied state of mind.