A n g u i s h

S o n g : B u r n I t D o w n - L i n k i n P a r k

C h a p t e r XXXI
K e n a d i a

I was awoken to a horrible sharp pain in my chest as I stood up. My eyes flashed open as I suddenly coughed out disgusting thick red liquid. My eyes fell down my body desperately as I stumbled towards a tree. A large black handle was sticking out of my silver chest as I wrapped my hands around it and pulled it out using all of my increased strength.

I screamed in pain as the knife fell to the mossy ground. My insides were on fire as I continued to scream in agony, my legs buckling under me as I grabbed onto the tree. Everything burned. But as soon as my hands touched the tree, they were suddenly lit up in emerald flames that hurt like nothing I had ever felt before. They touched and burned my very soul and twisted it in an agonizing pain.

The forest was hurting me.

Tears instantly sprung to my eyes at the thought; my heart crumbling in my chest to add to the pain. I fell to my knees, watching helplessly as the moss underneath me began to burn me with their green painful flames, showing me my betrayal to the very thing I loved with all of my heart.

"Kenna!" I heard the familiar voice causing me to look up, a snarl on my face as everything hurt. He did this.

"What did you do?" I roared monstrously, my heart still in pieces as the forest repelled me from her warmth and safety and love. It was all I knew and she was taking it away; giving me hate and pain in its place.

His bright viridian eyes were so confused and concerned. He instantly tried to reach out to me and my hand swiped out, my long inhuman nails cutting his impenetrable skin like it was nothing more than wet paper. A violent hiss ripped out of my mouth as I glared at him in hatred for doing this to me -for causing me unimaginable pain again.

The flames underneath me began to consume my entire body, erupting a scream so loud from deep inside of me that I could do nothing but cry my apologies into the air. The sky darkened and all the living creatures in the forest were nowhere to be found. They all left me to burn in hell.

"I'm sorry!" I desperately screamed, my hands grasping the ground as it turned my body into a human-like candle wick.

She had to listen. She had to know I couldn't hurt her on purpose. My head fell down to the flames, begging with everything I had.

"I'm sorry," I could feel the flames pull and tug me down into the darkness, "I'm sorry." I whispered as my strength weakened until I could no longer sit up straight. "I'm so..." I finally felt myself losing consciousness just as a pair of strong arms forcefully pulled me away from the forests' deadly grasp.

My eyes shut in defeat, tears soaking into his hard chest as I mourned for the only thing I had ever truly known and loved.

†⚜†

IM SO SAD FOR KENNA. The forest was everything to her :(
That's like your family/best friend suddenly not only pushing you out of their lives but hurting you mercilessly if you even tried to talk to them. :( I'm so mean. I honestly teared up so bad writing this chapter..